I think ive been ripped off.

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 3:07 pm

Yeah.I just finished watching a video.Mind you.I have not played the old Elder scrolls series an i do plain to play it if i can ever get Fallout 4 to work so it doesnt crash my computer every time in valult 81.None the less.

What of this video is actually true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHirn93DlfI

An if it is true.I think i`ve been robbed in Skyrim an The Elder Scrolls Online.Your game is completely incomplete.Like only 25% complete.

Samantha Jane Adams

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 7:44 am

I don't think you understand how narratives work. Authors, filmmakers and game developers imagine many things that they do not include in a finished work. When we create narratives we typically strive to include only those elements that are absolutely necessary to the narrative. If a person or place or idea (or, in this case, a creature) does not further the narrative a good writer or filmmaker or game developer will not include it.

GPMG

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 7:39 pm

There are many things in the TES lore, and past games, that are not in all the games.

Just because something exists in TES lore does not mean it needs to be in a game for the game to be complete.

Lore exists to give the game depth, history and culture. Even if we don't see it with our eyes.

Dagan Wilkin

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 4:08 pm

It's also called https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backstory.

Alada Vaginah

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Let's see here

1. The different types of lycanthropes are extremely less common then the werewolf as that is Hircine's preferred pet
2. The Lilmothiit have been extinct for several games now
3. The Imga keep to the Valenwood forests
4. The nymphs were already extremely rare in lore even in the first game they were added in
5. The Sload are an isolationist race that keep to their sunken coral castles, only coming out to buy slaves for necromantic experiments from Morrowind by traveling over Tamriel in Sload-bag powered airships though given Morrowind no longer does slavery and there is no country in Tamriel anymore that does do slavery the Sload have no real reason to enter Tamriel.
Kevin S

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 3:46 pm

"1. The different types of lycanthropes are extremely less common then the werewolf as that is Hircine's preferred pet"

The most common form of lycanthropes in Skyrim are werebears at least in the lore.-

Ashley Clifft

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 9:35 pm

You say you're being ripped off because some creatures in a Youtube video are not in Skyirm and ESO? They can't have everything.

Chloe Botham

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 2:00 pm

Hmmm.......So anyone know if any of this is going to be in the Elder scrolls next game or in current The Elder Scrolls online as an expansion? An how much of this is true?I asked that first.How much of that video is fact?

leni

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 7:00 am

Basically all of it. But that doesn't necessarily mean we're ever likely to see all of it. Resources in game design aren't infinite, regardless of how wealthy a studio is, or how many staff it has. There are always sacrifices that need to be made. Even The Witcher 3 is less than a 10th the size it is in the literature.

Even when you look at the best developed worlds in literature, things get glossed over, left out or otherwise downplayed because there's only so much effort to go around. The Ent Wives, pre-Holtzman space travel, the eff are the Giants of Albion are... Such is the price of fiction, I'm afraid.

We have seen a Sload before, and I reasonably expect Imga in Valenwood (particularly after the uproar about their seclusion and hiding in ESO) but beyond that, I don't really expect to see the others, any more than I expect to see a Hobb, or a Cyrodiilic Bird-Man, or a Flying Whale.
Joe Alvarado

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 9:18 pm

The Sload are also native to an entirely different landmass. We haven't actually seen any of the Akiviri races, either.

tegan fiamengo

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion