Help me with a character concept!

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 8:45 pm

Hey guys, thanks in advance for your time and help. I've been struggling with a character concept lately and want your opinions. I've always loved Maormer lore in TES games and since we cannot play as one, I've figured a way around it. The first concept I made was a breton with a touch of sea elf blood, giving him an affinity for sailing and weather magic. Later though, I decided an altmer with sea elf blood would work too, because such a thing could marginalize him from regular altmer society, giving a great reason for him to become an adventurer. I can't decide between which of the two to roll! On one hand I like the breton for a traditional human appearance but I'm constantly drawn towards the elf for more nature themes and being closer to a maormer concept. I don't know, any thoughts guys?
Gill Mackin

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 12:22 pm

First of all since you are a new member have a fishy stick :D http://www.uesp.net/w/images/c/c4/Fishystick.jpg Welcome to the forums, mores specifically the realm of madness or "fanfiction/Rpers" to those more sane and aren't fun.

And to be honest, if you want to go for a more authentic way, i would say have the Altmer who has Maormer blood in them as the Summerset Isles are the closest to where the Maormer's home of Pyandonea is. Even though it could possibly work with a Breton, as half breeds while not documented have been in the lore (especially since Bretons are descendants of such a mix) but i would think that the Altmer would be more compatible for that kind of thing to occur.

Have you thought of the character's background yet? Normally when you start to think about what their story is, everything else like the appearance and their personality can fall into place much more easily. But hey fell free to post your thoughts and i am sure a lot of the guys here would be happy to help out too :) We have been known to push the boundaries to create characters that still fall into the lore, hell i have been having to create lore for Daedra Seducers from what little was supplied in Daggerfall and BattleSpire. But that in itself has given me more freedom in a way because of that lack of lore.

Anyways I would definitely love to see more Maormer around the place :D

Amy Gibson

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Thank you so much! I have decided Altmer thanks to you. It would make more sense, seeing as Pyandonea and Summerset are practically neighbors. This will be a blast to develop and play out! Once again, thank you so much. :)
bimsy

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 11:46 pm

Hey after all it is what we are here for, to help out anyone who has any questions that need sorting out. It is any excuse to get creative and bring new characters to light from the madness of thoughts in our minds :P glad to help!

Aman Bhattal

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion