so who owns the dragonborn's soul?

Post » Wed May 25, 2016 1:53 am

ok so i was thinking about this so "at the end of skyrim" you fight Mirrak and kill him so in theory you take his place but at the same time the night father owns your soul from the dark brother hood and the thevies guild one wants to take it as well (i cant remember the what little cult thing is called) and then to top it off my soul should also go to the hunting ground because i am a werewolf.

so my question is what do you think happens to it do they all share it like it can come over for weekend for play dates or is it split up like cake and shared?

xxLindsAffec

Post » Tue May 24, 2016 11:45 pm

Hey, its no problem unless Dragonborn dies. His death would cause a lot of trouble.

Sun of Sammy

Post » Tue May 24, 2016 7:16 pm

The Dragonborn is an Aka-Shard, a Hero, and probably a Shezzarine. Nobody gets his Soul. At worst, it goes back into Lorkhan's change purse incase he wants to beat his high score. At best, it passes into the Dreamsleave and escapes the whole nonsense that is the Aubris.
benjamin corsini

Post » Wed May 25, 2016 2:06 am

well oviously this is assuming they do die but valid point none the less the whole of skyrim would become mass pandemonium of people completly cluless as what to do next :)

then what would be the point in every god/deamon/deadric mad man asking the dragonborn to plege there soul to them or let them own there soul if they know it will just in essence skip them

Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Tue May 24, 2016 7:32 pm

Because their minions aren't necessarily the Dragonborn. All we know is that SOMEONE, in 4E201 recovered Meridia's Beacon and cleansed her Sancuary. Maybe it was the Dragonborn, maybe it was just some cultist.

TES's history and choices don't come from Witcher-Esque 'Kill the tree or release the Hag' options. They come from what stories we choose for our characters to engage in. All of it is assumed to happen, but not necessarily by the same person. All the Dragonborn does is defeat Alduin, stop Harkon and kill Miraak. The rest is vague enough that regular, mundane, Non-Dragonborn can accomplish it.

Did YOUR Dragonborn make a deal with Daedra for their soul? If so, it's up to you to figure out how that fits into YOUR story.
Georgine Lee

Post » Tue May 24, 2016 1:55 pm

yeh fair enough you do make a good point but then again it kinda defeats the point of the dragonnborn if he only does the "main story of the game and not much else" oviously to be proven or is proven in lore of other games and what not but i do get were you are coming from and i would make more sense like people going out and causing mayhem and then being like the hero dragonborn did it and then it truns into a legend which makes the game as if you were playing the part of a charcter that was the main "hero" of a story being told to child for example

Cheryl Rice

Post » Tue May 24, 2016 3:22 pm

Well, even if you assume the Dragonborn does everything... You have to consider the Daedra's perspective. They can't just NOT tell you it'll cost your soul, even if they know you get away scott free in the end, because they have appearances to maintain. At the same time, they still get something out of every deal they offer. So they basically lie about the cost of business.
mike

Post » Tue May 24, 2016 6:39 pm

yeh i mean in fairness i think if you think about if you are the dragonborn and you have dragons blood in you would you not have the same problem as the dragons and have your soul stuck in you body like they did and need to wait for another dragonborn to maybe absorb it or ressurect it like alduin does with the other dragons

Portions

Post » Tue May 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Not r

Not actually true, as we do meet other self proclaimed Dragonborn in Sovngarde, and Tsun does state that he'd be willing to wait for us there upon our death. So that at the very least implies that, despite having the soul of a dragon, we're still very much mortal at the end of the day. The fact that we can comprehend and learn Dragonrend is a testament to that.

My guess is, where the Dragonborn goes is either entirely up to the player, or that its possible to cut it up into different aspects. We've seen it done slightly before, between the Lycanthropic projection that's forced out of you in Ysgramor's tomb, or Serana trapping a fragment of your soul within a Soul Gem. The Dragonborn DLC might make it seem like Mora wins out, but the entire post game effectively states that he doesn't actually have any real hold over the player at that point, so he's basically on the same field as everyone else.

Stephy Beck

Post » Tue May 24, 2016 4:02 pm

I highly doubt they are going to make it the dragonborn does everything.

Think about the previous games and how the dragonborn would be portrayed in a future game.

First, if the champion of cyrodil in oblivion became the leader of the fighters guild, became the arch mage of the mages guild, became the new thieves guild master, became the leader of the dark brotherhood, reformed the knights of the nine and became sheogorath, the history books would have the champion of cyrodil more than just "some adventurer who's name or race or gender we don't remember".

That hero would be more well known than most heroes, probably as well known as tiber septim.

Now apply that to skyrim. We know that with the next game off of Bethesda track record, that the dragonborn from skyrim is going to be an obscure hero that we don't remember the race, six or name of (because Bethesda never wants to take a hard stance on these and piss off obsessed fans who take their character too seriously).

So there's no way that the dragon born is going to be a person who became harbinger of the fighter's guild, arch mage of the college (and saviour of the entirety of nirn and mortal existence), grand master of the thieves guild, leader of the dark brotherhoood (and the sole saviour of both the TG and the DB from extinction) as well as the person who assassinated the emperor, head bard of the bard's college, and single handed saviour of the civil war, as well as beat alduin, killed the first dragonborn and saved solthsiem from a mind controlling cult and either saviour or destroyer of the vampire prophecy who collected and read three different elder scrolls with no training and not go blind, and still be an adventurer who's not known enough to remember the race, six or name of.

A person with that resume would be the most well known adventurer in all the history of tamriel and would have a definitive six, race and name.

I'm 99% sure that Bethesda is going to leave those three aspects of the dragon born unknown. In which case, logically the dragonborn would be known as only the destroyer of alduin and the saviour of solthsiem in which he was never heard from again.

All in all, my take is that the dragon born beats alduin and then becomes either an unwilling or willing slave of hermaus mora, as mora himself tells you that basically you have no choice but to serve him now and he has claim to your soul because of his aid and the corruption of the black books. The dragon born becomes corrupted as it's the nature of dragon borns to seek power over others.

All of the rest of the events are canon, but had to be completed by different people, because as far as I know, nobody has become master of multiple guilds and yet still had an unrecorded name race or six in the history books.

If in the event the dragon born accomplished all of those things, then they are the greatest hero ever to have existed and thus their soul would be out of reach of all of the Gods, and that dragon born would either become another part of talos himself or achieve chim and ascend beyond all mortals and dieties. And I don't think that's going to happen in Canon.
Ilona Neumann

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion