Are the Daedra as affected by their followers as the Aedra?

Post » Sat May 28, 2016 8:39 am

Forgive me if my knowledge of the lore is a little flimsy, but I have gathered that, through examples like Reman Ebonarm and later Tiber Septim, as well as the Yokudan Pantheon, that the various Aedra can be altered in their aspects by the faith and worship of a large number of followers. If this is true, does the same occur for the Daedra?

Elle H

Post » Sat May 28, 2016 11:54 am

Possibly a little, but not to the same extent. The Aedra and Daedra are really the same type of being, but the Aedra are bound to the Mundus, which is partially composed of their essence. Since mortals are from the Mundus, each one should, in theory, have a shred of Aedric essence. This would explain why beliefs, when held by a sufficiently large portion of the population, can have an effect on the Aedra. Most of the Daedric Princes have also contributed to the Mundus by now, but in much smaller degrees, like their artifacts. In theory, this might allow mortal beliefs to affect them. I would think that they would need to contribute more to the Mundus for mortals to have a serious effect and at that point it would be debatable if they were a Daedra anymore.

lisa nuttall

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion