Elder ScrollsFallout?

Post » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:55 am

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums.

I'm sure I'm not the only one intrigued by the theory of Fallout and The Elder Scrolls being part of a connected universe. Recently I've been reading up on the possibility that Skyrim and its predecessors could be a prequel to the events witnessed in the Fallout series. Other sources suggest they are in fact a sequel with magical abilities being the result of a millenia of radiation exposure, some going so far as to suggest dragons are "deathclaws with wings". It all seems a little far fetched for someone with a basic understanding of the Elder Scrolls creation myths, as there is just so much evidence in opposition to this theory. However, certain facts lend credibility to this idea, such as the "experimental plant (NRT)" witnessed in Fallout 4 bearing a striking resemblance to the nirnroot of Tamriel. One major problem i have is that model globes of our world can be seen dotted throughout the Fallout games, whereas we know Nirn and its continents take on quite a different shape to our own. I suppose this could be put down to hundreds of thousands of years of tectonic movement, though other issues are much harder to explain away.

I would love to hear what you guys think and any input on the matter is welcome :)
Abi Emily

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:07 pm

If anything is included between the two series, its the meta-jokes and the occasional reference thrown in, which isn't Bethesda exclusive. Mostly with TES references in Fallout, because for whatever reason that series is often subjected to Memetic Mutation way more then Fallout is. I don't even remember any references to Fallout 3 in Skyrim, while Fallout 4 has a shout out to the mudcrab thing from Oblivion. The Fallout-verse is our world, if it rocketed off in a different direction after WWII. Nirn is...not. At all. Its not even a good comparison to any one time period in human history due to how anachronistic it is. Gods are a thing, time can be shattered, and the sun and stars are tears in the fabric of reality.

The only thing that connects TES and Bethesda's RPG's is an avid love for plot relevant giant robots.

Life long Observer

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:45 am

Fallout was created by a completely different game studio and publisher and completely different writers than the elder scrolls. Only until like 2005 did Bethesda buy the fallout franchise and started with fallout 3 (and fallout started around 1996).

Any links in the new games are just Easter eggs because they are now being created by the same studio.

Doom is also published by Bethesda, and the newest one has a skeleton in hell with a tes iron helmet and an arrow in his knee, this doesn't automatically make hell in doom linked to the tes universe.

Why aren't tes Gods having any active roles in fallout if they are connected? You'd think some of the daedra gods would mess around in the fallout universe. A nuked world would be a good time to invade for someone like mehrunes dagon.

Also none of the constellations are the same, and even thousands of years won't change that.
Harry-James Payne

Post » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:55 am

Wasn't there a thread about this just a week or so ago?

Heather M

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion