That isn't supposed to happen...

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:07 pm

I recently reinstalled Oblivion on my PC. I dove into a new character, and I made it almost entirely through the tutorial before things got strange. I was close to where the traps were when I accidentally picked up some bones. I opened my inventory and while most controls were muscle memory for the life of me I could not recall what key drops items from your inventory. I decided to try each letter key in mostly succession to no avail. I closed my inventory to admit defeat and open the controls menu when a quest popped up! "REPAIRING THE ORRERY: I've discovered a note from Bothiel at the Arcane University...blah blah blah." How on earth did I activate this when I have yet to even leave the tunnel the tutorial takes place in? Did I somehow accidentally execute a cheat? Wouldn't that require me to open the commands thing by hitting ' which I did not do?

TLDR: Still in tutorial and Repairing the Orrery quest popped up. Why?
cheryl wright

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:11 pm

The DLC's start popping up after you get the amulet near the end of the tutorial.

marie breen

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:37 pm

The Orrery quest isn't supposed to start until you're out of the tutorial dungeon, but it can trigger prematurely by trying to make potions using the mortar and pestle you can find. It causes no problems.
Claire Jackson

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:37 pm

In case you haven't discovered it yet, Shift+Left Mouse Button drops items from your inventory.

And welcome back! :wave:

Ally Chimienti

Return to IV - Oblivion