Something old something new

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:13 pm

Ok so i was wondering what old &new things Would you like to see in Quake Champions ? I want to see The longest yard map in some form or other I wound also like to see a character Creator so we have all these premade characters but then we can make our own like a sniper with a teleport ability for example. I would a;also like to see a classic mode(that means no magic powers or insane health) What do you want to see?

Fam Mughal

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:51 pm

literally quake 3's gameplay and assets copied and pasted into a newer engine with a new splash of paint. That's all I want. This will not happen...but there it is.

In the realm of reality, I'd like to see them maintain the quake elements and things that deviate from the family should be put to use in a different game...I suppose it'd be acceptable to put them in some kind of alternate mode.

What I mean by this is, if bethesda wants to earn any brownie points with this one, they should make this new game stick to the classic rules and design. Skill is determined by the player, not by RPG elements like classing and acquired skill counters. No loadouts...no weapon upgrades. Just you, guns, and an arena full of other players waiting to beat the crap out of each other. Then, in a different game or...mode...they could put all of the garbage that people seem to like now with all the classing and other nonsense.

That wall-hack thing they showed in the preview video was actually kinda startling. It was exactly that kind of thing that'd get you banned from servers back in the day, now it's a feature? That's crap.

but if I get one thing for christmas this year...if the powers that be care at all about what this franchise is about.....above all else...even if they ruin the gameplay and add a ton of crap no one actually needs.....if they just make it moddable and let us make REAL maps for it...that could quite possibly absolve the sins of snapmap.

One of the founding principles of why they made quake in the first place was in response to the lack of moddability of classic doom (you could make a ton of levels, but it was hard to add really dynamic or unique content without engine mods, it got messy)

If we get stuck in Bethesda's playpen of how they want us to play.....they can be damn sure they're gounna hear about it. Also, I learned my lesson from the new doom, i'm not making a move until I'm certain they haven't ruined it.

Chloe Yarnall

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:13 am

I want what VS said, all this extra crap ruins and dilutes the game. Seriously really freaking hate the idea of unique abilities in an arena shooter.
Sabrina Schwarz

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Deep down we all want that but I am looking at it from the perspective we can't change what they want to do with Quake (if you can call it that) so let's try and make the best of a bad situation anyway we don't KNOW it will be [censored].
Laura Tempel

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:49 pm

Why do you want to settle. If you settle you are just gonna give in to everything and it will all go to crap.
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:35 pm

don't get me wrong dude if its bad i will call gamesas out on it I am just tring to keep an open mid remeber we havent even see an ingame screen shot yet for all we know you will have to carge up the abiltys wth kils or somthing futhermore i can see how these abilatys could be fun in TF or an assult style game (thing the orignan UT assult)

Antonio Gigliotta

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:12 am

This might help you guys feel a little better:

Tim Willits gave an interview on Champions, tl;dr PC-only, 120hz, focused heavily on "pro" gameplay and we're guaranteed the rocket launcher, rail gun, and lightning gun.

https://youtu.be/RvDyLCadGGY

Sarah Bishop

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:41 am

The whole idea about any unique ability for "champions" is an instant turn off.
Elina

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:02 pm

That put my mind at rest I am still following this thought
Jessica Colville

Return to Othor Games