Listing all textures referenced in selected meshes

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:17 am

Hello and sorry for thread-spamming this forum :D

I'm facing another problem, this time not CS related, but I thought it is still more fitting to post this question here rather than in mods subforum. I would like to be able to list/copy/move all textures that are used in selected meshes. I do not mind any way I need to supply the meshes (txt file list, folder with meshes, etc.) nor any way I will get the textures (again txt file list, textures exported to selected folder) as I can adjust the result to my needs. My first thought was TESFiles. Unfortunatelly TESFiles is unsuitable for this for several reasons. First, TESFiles can export all files referenced in given mod, but my meshes are NOT referenced in a mod and it would be very tedious to create a mod with all of them. Second, the meshes are pluginless replacers and TESFiles automatically ships any vanilla meshes from processing, so it would not export any textures at all.

If you have any idea on how to accomplish this other than parsing all the nifs by myself, I would be very grateful :)

Thank you all again for your help :)

gandalf

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:13 am

http://pyffi.sourceforge.net/ can do it. If you want to PM me the nifs I can extract the texture names for ya.

Honey Suckle

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:45 am

Thanks! I actually have some version of PyFFI installed. Could you perhaps send me instructions on how to do it? Since it will be a lot of meshes (my current estimate is approx 1 gb).

Rhiannon Jones

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:21 pm

Do you know how to run a python script? If so send me a PM with exactly what you're wanting to do and we can go from there.

Jamie Lee

Return to III - Morrowind