Added HitAttack Voices Not Triggering In Game

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:19 am

I made a new voice attack for a specific NPC, using an mp3 I encoded myself using Audacity/Lame, because the CS didn't seem to accept wav files in the voice tab. Anyway, I load my NPC in-game and start punching, and I get nothing. The NPC is totally silent all the time. I'm not sure if I encoded the mp3 improperly of what (it works totally fine in the CS when I click on it in the dialogue window). It's a mono track because that's what the original game mp3s seem to be. Does anyone have a guess as to what the problem might be?

Robyn Howlett

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:34 am

if not already using this exact format, try

MPEG Layer-3, 64 Kbps, 44100 kHz, 16-bit, Mono

gemma king

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:55 pm

Ok. I re-exported my sound file to those exact specifications, but it's still not making a sound in-game. I can tell the NPC is triggering the right hit/attack voice, because I turned on subtitles and it's showing up there, but still no sound. My player character's hit/attack voices work just fine, so I doubt it's my game settings (though a lot of better sounds sounds I can't hear in-game either, for that matter).

Is it possible it's because my files are in their own folder rather than a subfolder within the Vo folder in Sound? I know how picky Morrowind's game engine can be about file directories. I'm going to test this...

Edit: Yep, that was the problem. Morrowind won't recognize voices unless they're stuffed somewhere in the Vo folder. http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?s=332b166b7ba5d1328e69725bd89ec573&&app=forums&module=extras§ion=legends#

patricia kris

Return to III - Morrowind