Better Heads, World of Faces, or Face Compilation?

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:06 pm

Does anyone use all of these at once? Is there a point? One better than the other? When i use them all with Face compilation, it gives Jiub a face i dont like, but is the Face Compilation better than the rest?

Just looking for thoughts on which one(s) i should use

Manuela Ribeiro Pereira

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:17 pm

I use Westly's pluginless vanilla heads replacer. It beefs up the vanilla heads with better detailing/textures, while still preserving the look and feel of the original game.

You can find it here: http://download.fliggerty.com/download-127-874

Peter P Canning

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:16 am

Well Better Heads is replacer for heads you can find in vanilla game. It replaces the ones that exist there and does not add any new. World of Faces, and Facepack Compilation (I suppose you mean http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/14435/?, I cound not find anything called just Face Compilation) adds new faces to NPCs. I do not know whether they also replace the orginal heads. There will also probably be some conflict between World of Faces and Facepack compilation. But in theory you should have no problem running them all together if you like them.

Concerning load order I suggest first either World of Faces or Facepack Compilation, depending on which faces you like more. If you prefer World of Faces, then load Facepack Compilation first, then World of Faces, and finally load Better Heads.

If you like you can also check similar mods like World of Faces. For example, I like http://mw.modhistory.com/download-56-3258.

Concerning mods that replace vanilla heads (i.e. mods similar to Better Heads) there is plenty to choose from and they mostly depend on your taste. The ones I consider most popular today are:

MacKom's heads - probably most detailed and realistic, but very different from vanilla look and they would not look very nice together with new unique faces IMO

Westly's Pluginless head replacer - detailed and faithful to vanilla. There is also Westly's Master Headpack, which contains A LOT of heads for player to choose from when creating new character.

Better Heads - you probably know this one since you are using it. There is also addon that makes NPCs look at you with their eyes for this mod. Check abot's morrowind world videos on youtube to see the effect

Vvardenfell Visages - a bit different from vanilla look, but still blend nice into the game. I personally use this one.

You can find all of these mods either on Morrowind Modding History or on TES Nexus.

I hope this will help :)

Amy Masters

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:20 pm

Load order is determined by last modified date of the plugin file. Best way to change it is to use wrye mash tool. Just launch it, go to mods tab, find given mod and click on it. You can now change the date in right top part of the window. Do not forget to click save in right bottom part after you change a date of mod.

Btw. If you are new to Morrowind I recommend to get familiar with some tools. Most important are wrye mash, tes3cmd for cleaning and multipatch and enchanted editor for low level editing work.
Elisha KIng

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:43 pm

I, myself making personal mod called Better Heads Rebuild, which take faces and hair from many available face mods, and replace some in Better Heads, which i dont like.

Also, i discovered in Better Heads, what if you take face texture from one face mesh of the same race, and put it on another face mesh you get completely different face, and even better looking one.

Ofcourse, i cant share this mod, because of permissions, which i do not got from creators of those mods.
chirsty aggas

Return to III - Morrowind