The Obliivion Trials - RP

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:12 pm

So I’ve had this idea for an RP floating round in my head for a few days now, not sure what people think of it, also please excuse me if its poorly written I’m fairly rusty.

The Oblivion Trials

“I’m bored” The Daedric Prince Sanguine said to himself out loud whilst swirling the last bit of ale he had in his goblet. Sanguine sat in the tavern of his own design in one of his little pockets of pleasure, leaning back he threw back the last of the ale and suddenly the thought came to him

Let’s mess with the mortals that’s always a good laugh, let’s make a game with the other princes!

“LET’S PLAY A GAME!” Sanguine bellowed, beckoning the other Daedric princes, One by one the other Daedric princes appeared, some obviously annoyed by the call – except for one

“GAMES!? I LOOOOVE GAMES! Can we have Cheese in the game? BECAUSE CHEESE MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER” Sheogorath was apparently here.

“No. It’s a waste of time.” Jyggalag said with no emotion, turned and excited through a portal

“Well, he’s a lot of fun isn’t he!” grumbled Sheogorath, Azura stepped forward slightly and spoke up

“Come on then Sanguine, don’t waste our time what is this game?” Azura, clearly annoyed about being called by Sanguine

“Well, we should have a little competition between us!” Sanguine jumped up from his seat and poured another ale for himself

“We gather a group of mortals, none that worship any of us however. We each create a form of trial or test with the intention to try and kill said mortals. However, the mortals shall not die in reality and will come back at the end of the game and we, gain points based on the amount of mortals we kill during each of our tests!” Sanguine threw his arms in the air and smiled in a grandiose gesture. It was a simple game, but if there was one thing they Daedric princes enjoyed it was competition against each other. There was almost unanimous approval, even from Azura which Sanguine did not expect.

Nocturnal piped up from the shadows

“What are the rules then?” Nocturnal spoke in a state of thought, she was already imagining what her test would be.

“Well, not many if I’m honest! While the mortals can die they won’t actually ‘die’ BUT! They will still feel any pain associated with said death! We will have to incentivise the mortals I suppose so they should be rewarded by each of us if they manage to complete our individual trials but to make sure they play along we will keep them here until they do!” Sanguine threw back his ale once more before continuing

“We will use Sheogorath’s realm as a staging ground, between tests the mortals will stay there, after all spending time in the Shivering Isles is a test unto itself, especially if you manage to stay sane…”

“I’LL FORCE FEED THEM CHEEEEEESE!” Sheogorath shrieked, Sanguine ignored him and carried on

“And you must make the test possible to complete! Otherwise that’s cheating to get more points if you don’t, other than that they are your realms and you can make the tests as you so please. Oh and Hircine, while I appreciate you may want to add new additions to the pack, don’t go out of your way to infect everyone with Lycanthropy please” The Great hunter snorted

“Are we in agreement?” Sanguine posed to the others? Everyone nodded. Sanguine cheered

“A GAME IT SHALL BE THEN! Go and prepare your tests, I shal gather some mortals.”

Your Role:

You will be a part of the group of mortals chosen to take part in this great game of Oblivion, you can be almost anyone from a beggar to a Highborn, a raider to a knight and assassin to a healer. The only Pre-requisite is that you are not a worshipper of any Daedra lords already. Your character can Die in each individual test but they will be resurrected at the end of each test so they can take part in the next one. If the group completes the test they Daedric lord will provide some form of reward, it could be a reward for each of them or maybe a singular item.

-

I would like it if this RP had actual effects on our characters, for example a character may start to feel mentally unwell if they ‘die’ several times or maybe they complete many challenges and they grow more confident, they may not deal well with the pressure of their situation of being trapped until all trials are complete.

If people have Ideas for the different types of tests of the Daedric princes I’m all ears, They should range from physical to mental challenges and maybe even psychological.

I would also be looking to see if someone would like to co-host/co-gm.

I’m just putting out feelers at the moment, if there is enough response I will throw together a CS template to use.

So yea, just throwing this out there.

Christine

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion