A fresh installation, but no sound on a new computer

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:51 am

So I did a fresh re-install of Oblivion today after almost a year of absence, but this time around there were no music after I completed a full installation of Oblivion - 5th Anniversary.

That has never happen before, so I've no clue or idea what's wrong or how to fix. Perhaps another re-installation could do the trick, but TBH I doubt that. :shrug:

Another thing that's worth mention that I now have a lot better computer than my old one, so below are the specs of my new computer.

ASUS Z97 PRO GAMER

Intel i5 4430S 2.7 GHz

32 Gb RAM 1600 MHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti with the latest video drivers installed

RealTek (onboard)

SSD 120 Gb

Seagate 3 TB (GPT)

I'll post the content of DirectX later, but for now I don't think my issue is releated to my sound card instead it could be that I now have a high-end PC.

cheryl wright

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:10 am

A quick update.

After my installation of Oblivion - 5th Anniversary today I don't have sound on my sytem anymore, so I guess that Oblivion with its current configuration for a retail copy of Oblivion - 5th Anniversary is utterly incompatible with my current hardware. :brokencomputer:

Unless someone who knows how to fix this, I consider my hardware issue as rare is it can be.

I can no longer play Oblivion - 5th Anniversary, the retail version, on my computer and right now I'm trying to get the sound back on my PC without Oblivion being installed.

I might be forced to re-install Windows, because of this damn sound issue.

Why did I installed Oblivion today when everything worked as intended. God dammit, why? :swear:

EDIT: I have no idea or why, but this is incredible. After I turn off my computer and check the cable, which I think I shouldn't have to do, then turn on my computer and now I got the sound back. :blink:

louise fortin

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:15 pm

Oblivion disabling audio on the whole system? Never heard of such an issue before. I presume you are on Windows 10? Have you tried installing the http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsview.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false drivers?
Kat Ives

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Me neither, but I guess I was the first one who actually made it happen. No, I don't want Windows 10 since Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit works for me. Also no, I didn't know such a driver existed before.

NAkeshIa BENNETT

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:23 am

It sounds like a driver issue with your sound card and possibly with your video card. I also have a GTX750 ti. Sometimes the sound conks out when I plug in headphones into the computer (Using Real tek). I use a 24 inch 1080p TV as monitor since I got that for under $75CAD on an extended boxing day 2 or was it 3 week sale. The TV uses the Nvidia Audio since it is using the HDMI Cable. For me I had to disable both Nvidia and Real Tek from starting up when the computer starts. I have to check from time to time to make sure it is not added back after an update, especially with Nvidia since I do not update Real tek unless I am having issues. Video Card is a different matter since some games might depend more on the latest drivers.

I do use Windows 10.

Did that driver work.

SEXY QUEEN

Return to IV - Oblivion