Dead Pool

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am

I just watched Dead Pool. Holy cow, that is a great Super Hero(?) movie!

I've never read any of his comics, so had no expectations. I did not even realize he made an appearance in that X-Men movie until I read it on the net. I do watch some Cosplay videos and he quite present in many of them.

This was an "R" rated movie, and I can see why. nvde shots in the strip club floored me. Totally unexpected in a Marvel movie! Blood and gore were in abundance, but [NOT] over-the-top.

From the opening credits, the tone of the movie was set. No names were shown, instead using descriptive names like, "Starring: that cute hunky guy." "Directed by: That overpaid elitist." It bugged me later on as I kept thinking, "Isn't that Morina Baccarin as his girlfriend? DAMMIT!"

The implosion of the "4th wall" throughout the movie worked. And from what the documentary (bonus feature) said, this is a mainstay of the comics.

Overall, This was one of the best Marvel Movies, in my opinion. Anyone else have any thoughts? Or am I so late to the game, that next season has started? :lol:

Vivien

Post » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:15 pm

I'd never even heard of Deadpool before I saw this movie. But I loved it. It had a little bit everything: humor, action, emotion. Unlike most action films, I actually cared about these characters. I thought Deadpool was an expertly crafted film.

Max Van Morrison

Post » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:31 pm

Yes, Deadpool was a great movie and am glad it was successful. Maybe now Marvel will make more "R" rated superhero films. But yeah, Ryan Reynolds was great. He was born to play Deadpool. I actually heard that it was the comic book that made Ryan Reynolds want to play him. In the comic Deadpool says he looks like him.

naomi

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:55 am

It was actually fox who made the movie, who have movie control of the x men, which is only important to note because marvel studio and 20th century fox have had a feud the last few years which is why we don't see x men making it into the avengers universe, and it's going so far as to make new comics to step towards completely separating the x men + mutants and the rest of the marvel universe into different universes from each other.

That being said, I loved the movie, probably one of the best comic book movies ever and very true to the comics.

I never really liked Ryan Reynolds before, but I gained a lot of respect for him after the movie.

You should watch the honest trailers for deadpool, they even got Ryan Reynolds to help them out as his deadpool character.

https://youtu.be/_qIRtFE6aIc
Kara Payne

Post » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:57 pm

I loved it! One gets a little tired of PG13 and it's nice to watch a really well done R rated super hero movie. Not to imply the Avengers and whatnot aren't good it's just Dead Pool was bunt, in your face and held nothing back. My kind of movie.

In fact, I think I'll watching again tonight. :)

katie TWAVA

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:44 am

Cool! I'm not alone in my enjoyment of the film :)

I have heard of the Fox/Marvel feud and how Marvel is trying get around their early legal blunder. I do like the X-Men and Mutant storyline, so I hope something good comes of that.

Thanks for that Honest Trailers link! That was a hoot! I've seen a few of them before and usually enjoy them, but missed this one :)

Susan Elizabeth

Post » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:38 pm

I enjoyed it. My only complaint is that it's using the 4th wall way too much, eventually the freshness of it is gone and it feels more predictable than funny. Like someone telling the same joke over and over again.
Jessica Nash

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:09 am

I can see that happening, especially in Hollywood where "moderation" is against the law :)

I didn't think it was "too much" in this movie, but could see it going overboard in sequels. Not knowing about this feature of Dead Pool may also have helped me enjoy it?

Brian LeHury

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:08 am

Like many of you, I had not read a single Deadpool comic and knew almost nothing about the character, and I thought the movie was one of the best films to come out in the last few years. I can't think of any negatives, it just struck comedy, action and emotional gold over and over. I'm very much looking forward to the sequel, and I think it was the best role in Ryan Reynold's career, hands down.

And for anyone wanting to see more funny Ryan Reynolds enjoying some post-Deadpool success, you might like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PxKcOYiJDg

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTDb_mjti84.

A Dardzz

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:01 am

Yeah Fox actually cut funds to the movie which is one of the reason why theres a lack of cast, and his joke when he was standing in the door of the mansion, big place where is everyone, was actually a criticism of the fact that they cut alot of money from the film, deadpool was definitely, not only the most, interesting, fun, basically enjoyable and done on pretty well on a slashed budget, and typical of Fox, great reputation for having no clue. Also all the green lantern jokes, Ryan Reynolds needed to have a laugh because his career was well flushed down the toilet, and Deadpool really pulled his [censored] out of the fire.

Plus his movie and YouTube parodys of Hugh Jackman was hilarious.

GEo LIme

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:31 am

He's got a nice pair of smooth criminals down unda'.
Philip Lyon

Return to Othor Games