Assassin's Creed style TES spin off

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:52 am

I was thinking of what it would be like to have Assassin's Creed sized cities in a TES game and how awesome that would be. But then I thought what if the UniSoft where to make an ES game like AC.

So you could have a game set just in the Imperial city and sarounding island or you could have a black flag type game so you could have multiple cities that you would go to up and down the coast.

There would be classes and based on what class you choose would base what kinda quests you would get. So if your a pirate you'd get pirate related quests and so on.

What do you guys think? What would you do?
gemma

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:01 am

I think there's definately room for such a game in TES. In fact, it's something some members of the community have wanted for some time. They even have a character that could easily fit into such a dynamic without having to try to explain the shift in gameplay or identity.

What im basically saying is... Bring back Cyrus.
Nicholas

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:21 am

I would kill for another game focusing on Cyrus!

im still bummed Eye of Argonia was cancelled

jasminĪµ

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:51 am

I'm down for bringing Cyrus back. Which reminds me, I still have to finish Redguard. I'm only at getting into the Dwemer ruins.

Although I would hope that the movement and combat in such a sequel would be far less clunky than in Redguard.

Not only would it have been cool to have that Eye of Argonia game, but it would be awesome to hear something, ANYTHING more about said Eye in the lore.

Stacey Mason

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:26 am

I wish Bethesda Softworks or Bethesda Game Studios would publish and develop The Elder Scrolls spin off video games.

Danger Mouse

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:16 am

Imagine getting lost in an AC sized city then sailing to Stros M'kai then sentinel or just have the gold coast where you can go between Anvil Kvatch and Chorale.

Or like I said before a whole game set in and around the Imperial City

And so on
jessica robson

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:20 am

I'm the odd man out in these discussions. I don't want an entire game set in or around a city. I don't understand this obsession with massive cities (bigger!! bigger!! bigger still!! even bigger than that!!) amongst Elder Scrolls players. Maybe it's because I've lived most of my advlt life in cities in real life, I don't know. I want to get away from urban sprawl when I enter a fantasy game.

I would be happy with the opposite, n fact. I would love to explore a game world that was almost entirely countryside, with a number of smaller villages about the size of Pelagiad, Bleaker's Way or Riverwood dotting the landscape. That would be ideal to me.

Verity Hurding

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:50 am

I'm with you on that. I don't like sprawling urbanized metropolises. I've never lived in a city, but I have lived in both suburban and rural areas, and certainly prefer the latter.

I don't mind games like TES having big cities, though, as long as there's plenty of smaller non-cities so you don't have to go to those big cities often. The way Daggerfall handled it was more than fine, IMO. Plenty of wilderness, with most places being towns or hamlets, and having a very occasional city trip (and the cities themselves weren't that urbanized, either; they were basically a really really large suburban town with a wall and castle). But having an entire (or most of a) game set in a city? No thanks.

Matthew Warren

Post » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Well I'm strictly an urbanite IRL but in games I like variety. Had a lot of fun with various "urban" settings like City State of the Invincible Overlord or Pavis and the Big Rubble in the past

Such a game as suggested wouldn't be a TES game to me but as a spinoff might be ok

Andy durkan

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:24 am

I concur. Although I am not against huge cities, I certainly don't want to be stuck in one city for a whole game, or not be able to visit enough smaller settlements because there was too much time and data space taken to design sprawling urban centers. I would like to see cities a bit bigger than what we have had in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, though. Enough to feel like they are legitimate cities without going overboard.

saxon

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion