Shivering Isles:About Pyke..

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:59 am

OK spoiler warning, I just did Pyke's quest in the SI and---why did the gamer makers "fail" to add in the option to bring up us knowing about these knights? I saved the only 2 living members days ago and became a member myself, why then does the quest act as if we never even heard mention of these guys?

Also, there were only 7 knights (they have a dog but he's with bandits) and we got numbers on how many were killed! I enjoy SI but this quest just screams rushing to a deadline. Is there a reason this guy, Pyke, is never mentioned by the others and why we can't remember even BEING a member of these knights Of The Thorn?

The game makers are smart, they added in optional scripts and lines for stuff that you likely won't ever do before you're suppose too. A example is Martin tells you to find a Great Welkynd Stone, but if you happen to have it before hand you can tell him right then (tho a bug happens where he never wears his armor for the next battle), or you can go ahead and save him before ever delivering the Amulet Of Kings and you get optional lines for it.

That was a good appeal to this series, so why did the game makers just "forget" or "didn't even bother" giving optional lines and instead made it seemed like we never even saved the count's son at all? It's a plothole! Pyka IS a plothole! Tho the knights are so minor it doesn't harm anything..but it's still a plothole that he even exists and that we "just suddenly forgot" we're a member of the knights whose CARRYING the necklace Pyke is even asking us to find.

Again the knights are very minor, but it still bothers me that even the Wikis aren't mentioning this at all. Maybe I should edit those as I have a Wiki account somewhat. >_>

EDIT: I swear to God this was not in the cheats zone when I was posting..could a mod move it? ^^;

lucile davignon

Return to IV - Oblivion