bg2408's Enchantment and Hit Shaders

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:48 am

Hey, do you guys think it would be ok if I uploaded a fixed version of this mod to the nexus? Giving full credit to bg2408 of course.

http://theelderscrolls.info/?go=dlfile&fileid=336

It's a standalone version of LAME's shader module. There's an issue with the effect shader/enchant effect for fire damage that causes flame weapons to not work properly that I've fixed, and it doesn't seem like bg2408 has been active on the modding scene for quite some time. Based on this it doesn't seem like he/she would care if a fixed version were uploaded somewhere:

8. License:

- Redistribution: All my mods are "openable content". If I do not respond within a month and / or all download locations go offline for more than two weeks you're free to do whatever you wish. Until then do not reupload the whole of one of my mods without explicit permission. I tend to update them often and outdated versions will harm both mod users and myself. For more information see http://tinyurl.com/6xw3kp .

- Compatibility files and adjustments: I've got nothing against deisolated patches and the like. If you want to create one, go ahead :).

But I'm not sure about how reuploading stuff like this works exactly and I don't want to get banned from the nexus so I figured I'd ask here.

Eileen Müller

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:59 am

Well I tried to contact him some year ago or even more with the same issue and didn't have a response. I ended up fixing it for myself only just in case. My advice, try to contact him if you heaven't already, and the license states that your free to do whatever after that.

M!KkI

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:14 am

My personal suggestion. When in doubt, do not upload stuff in tes nexus. Admin are strict to the point that they don't even listen to reasonable stuff because they simply don't care. And they basically got monopoly so they can do it.

Killah Bee

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:55 pm

I just noticed that the "Poison shader texture is an adaption of J3X's "Better Turn Undead" texture." according to the description, and J3X has been active on the nexus semi-recently so I'll contact him and see if he'd be willing to upload it instead. Part of the mod includes his work so I doubt that anyone would complain if he was the one to put it on the nexus.

Charlie Ramsden

Return to IV - Oblivion