Lilmothiit in future elder scroll games

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:32 pm

Yep that's true, the beast races are outliers of the real conflict, sort of the indigenous that are caught in the middle. They weren't a part of Battlespire at all, and they weren't to be playable in Morrowind either. I think Orcs weren't to be playable either originally too.

I don't think we'll see anymore beast races in the future - no imga, no naga, no khajiit subspecies, no tsaesci or other Akaviri, etc.

extinct fox people sound like a good mod though, probably look like Fox McCloud, haha.

Chloe Botham

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:06 pm

Well, it's not exactly an unrealistic precedence. We have real-world parallels regarding the words Barbarian and Indian (American, not south Asian). It's definitely not the cleanest explanation, but it is something that happens. It also opens up room to basically do whatever they want with the Lilmothiit, as it removes their association with the Khajiit.

Fiori Pra

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:30 pm

"Barbarian" essentially means "doesn't speak Greek". Technically, almost all of the modern developed world would be classified as "barbarian".

"Indian" of course refers to Christopher Columbus (or Cristobol Colon) not believing the Ptolemeian (sp?) nautical maps of the day (which showed a world about 8000 miles in diameter, to within around 5% accuracy). and arbitrarily deciding (based on "wishful thinking", not factual evidence or research) that it had to be way smaller. When he sailed only about 2/3 as far as even he figured he needed to go to reach China, and unexpectedly bumped into land, it plainly wasn't China, so his assumption was that he OVERSHOT and reached India. That would have placed China right about next to Ireland. Oddly enough, the local residents didn't understand a word of Indian, and still couldn't tell them where China was even after the Westerners taught them how to speak both Indian and Chinese. ....and he wondered why people laughed at him.

Now, if the remaining Lilmothit were to have gone "underground" in the literal sense of the word, we could have yet another round of quests set in caverns and underground dungeons to seek them out.

Jennifer May

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:51 am

Well, the original meaning was a bit more racist than that. They would think of any language other than Greek as sounding like, "Bar bar bar," and, since clearly only a moron couldn't speak Greek and they couldn't be bothered to learn the difference, named all non-Greeks barbaros. They eventually started using it to refer to other Greek city-states they didn't like, particularly by Athens toward everyone else.

Britney Lopez

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:20 pm

The point i was making was that external identifiers which have nothing to do with the cultures they represent do have a precedence for sticking. Just because they have a name in Ta'arga doesn't mean it's how they self identify, or has anything to do with their history.

Mélida Brunet

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:43 pm

Yes. If only it had stayed so! The lizards and cats are sooo https://exytinglyfe.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/top-drawer.jpg.

Captian Caveman

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:20 am

Fight me, dryskin. :gun:

Bek Rideout

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:48 am

My biggest problem with Argonians... is they aren't nearly bad-ass enough. I would not at all complain if the High Argonian Civilisation were more like the Warhammer Lizardmen... It would actually fit rather well with the fleshing out of the Argonians from ESO...

Tanika O'Connell

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:44 am

My first ever ES character was an Argonian. True story.

[Bounty][Ben]

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:56 am

Lizards with guns! Fallout with lizards! I'm sooo confused! :bonk:

The idle for lizards in Morrowind is, "massa done cook me child" or some such. (I'm gonna get sued for this post.)

I can't talk. I always roll a Bosmer, in Morrowind. Because, ya know, "dispose of corpse." :liplick:

Franko AlVarado

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:59 pm

:rofl:

K J S

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:00 am

They have their moments. During the Oblivion Crisis, they successfully repelled the Daedra and used the gates to launched a counter invasion of the Deadlands with enough success that the Dremoras shut down the Black Marsh gates to prevent being overrun.

marina

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:34 am

'Cause Bethesda is clearly bigoted against Argonians, but Zenimax isn't. (I still need to play ESO). It would be nice if Bethesda made Argonians more menacing instead of being the butt of jokes.

You picked the wrong fight, Bactrian. Got anything else to say, then COME AT ME, BRO.

AYYYYY.

Damn right.

Kira! :)))

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:02 pm

They just aren't convincing. When your people look like Barney the dinosaur, whatever your rep, I give no respect.

Boliwogs are more terrifying.
Ria dell

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:25 am

Yes, got to keep the world neat and tidy.

Sxc-Mary

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion