The Floor's Vanished

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:41 pm

I had made myself a house in Morrowind and recently I decided to add a door leading to Vivec. When I went to play the game again and entered my house, sections of the floor had disappeared! Sometimes I can walk across the empty space, and other times I just fall right through them.

I don't understand what I did wrong. Is there any way to fix this?

Louise Andrew

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:28 am

Are you getting any warning messages about those pieces? Look in the Morrowind directory for the Warnings.txt file.

Richus Dude

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Well, when I opened up Morrowind a message appeared saying that errors may occur because the Master File had been changed since it was last used. I'm certain I checked the box on my house to use as the Active File when I was using the Construction Set.

Sudah mati ini Keparat

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:12 am

Does your house look okay in the CS?

Have you added any mods since the last time the floor was good?

Most likely some mod has overwritten those pieces, and either goofed up the texture or the mesh itself.

Have you updated your graphics drivers? I had an awful experience with a bad driver awhile ago. The screen would flash white for a spit second, then I could walk thru solid objects (without using console commands). I had to go back to a previous version to get it to work properly.

Ludivine Dupuy

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:59 am

It could also be your save (to be sure, you could try going to the house from a fresh new game: if it works this way, it is a save problem). Try a couple "Repair All" and "Remove debris cells" from Mash saved games options
Kelly Tomlinson

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:04 am

You were right enough, abot. I started a new game and checked on the house, and everything was fine. My house looks fine in CS itself.

Sorry for being thick, but whereabouts can I find the "Repair All" option?

Maria Garcia

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:41 am

go to the Saves tab, right click a save, Repair All

then right click, Remove, Debris Cells

repeat a couple times/until no more Debris cells are found

failing this, you could try cleaning the entire cell saved changes with tes3cmd e.g.

tes3cmd --delete --type cell --match "your exact cell name" "../saves/yoursavename.ess"

(I'm assuming here tes3cmd is in Morrowind\Data Files and saves are in Morrowind\Saves)

or Enchanted Editor, but you should be sure to remove in-game all your valuables from the cell first

[EDIT]note that to avoid this kind of problems, whenever you update (that is, replace with another version) a mod it is better to learn/use mash https://youtu.be/9qqtVWqkRHo?list=PL7Rqzk0KXtVxV2oN5n6ICc8iXxyretm15&t=526.

This is especially true with http://abitoftaste.altervista.org/morrowind/index.php?option=content&Itemid=10&task=view&id=79&-Morrowind-modding-for-smarties-part-8-when-masters-change (e.g. TR_Mainland.esm) that often need using updaters even first with .esp having the .esm as master, then with saves

Mrs Pooh

Return to III - Morrowind