Well made purchase

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:29 pm

I made a thread like this about a year ago, and I decided to make it again since time has passed, and there are some different folks here.

What purchases have you made that you're really glad that you did? For me, it's a tie between two items. One is an electric tea pot that never burns the bottom. It keeps my tea water hot all day. Best fifty bucks I ever spent. Another is my Kindle. Being an avid reader I take that thing wherever I go.

How about you good people? What purchases have you made that your only regret is that you didn't do it sooner?
Ludivine Dupuy

Post » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:43 am

Rice cooker. Thanks to advlt life, I don't have much time to sit and cook, well, anything anymore. So the rice cooker is one hell of a good purchase as I can steam potatoes in it while rice is being made. Can even steam dumplings in there for a special nights. Best 40 bucks I've ever spent on a cooking utensil.

Andrew Lang

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:07 pm

Wait - you can actually read books on these things? I've been too busy playing with music synthesizers, astronomy programs, language programs, games and browsing the internet plus a million other things to even notice you could do that as well :P Love the Kindle so much I bought two...

I bought a usb DAC with a PCM2704 chip in lieu of a proper sound card recently as there's no room on the motherboard for a sound card and can't afford a proper one right now and onboard VIA sound was muddy. It was only £7 and took an age to arrive from China but it's brilliant - the sound is crystal clear, full and rich with great bass. Music sounds the best I've ever heard and gaming has been transformed - Alien: Isolation almost left me a gibbering wreck last night. Plus it's compatible with my DAWs and virtual synths sound amazing with this thing.

Ria dell

Post » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:07 am

I need a new Kindle....

I usually buy dumb crap. Like the other night I had a few too many beers while watching the Netflix show Marco Polo. Now I'm the proud owner of a Cold Steel Chinese Sword Machete. Guess I have my melee weapon for the "zombie apocalypse" covered :\

Perhaps the purchase(s) I'm happiest with are the components I bought to build my PC. Money well spent if you ask me.
Rachel Tyson

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:11 pm

Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim. They are, without a doubt, some of the best purchases I've ever made in my life. Vvardenfell, Cyrodiil, Capital Wasteland and Skyrim have been my virtual homes for over 14 years now, and counting. I've spent hundreds of dollars on multiple copies of these games and it was worth every penny to me.

Kayla Oatney

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:57 pm

My Ithaca Model 37 (12 gauge) I'm pretty proud that I bought (wish I would've bought it sooner though), as well as my Wiley Clapp SP-101 . Even though I didn't need another SP-101, I don't regret it one bit. In fact, the old one is currently up for sale, but all my friends are too broke to be able to afford it. That's okay, I'm in no rush to get rid of it.

zoe

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Well, I'm hoping this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-liquid-cooled-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-120gb-ssd-2tb-hdd-black-blue/5374303.p?id=bb5374303&skuId=5374303&productCategoryId=pcmcat212600050008, in fact I just bought it about 20 minutes ago. I feel kind of odd about the purchase since I know how to build one and have a few CompTia certifications saying I know how to build one. I just didn't feel like it, hopefully that wont come back to haunt me.

Other than that, transportation (it's an older Honda Accord, but runs great), and as Pseron Wyrd said "Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim". I'll also add Mount & Blade: Warband, Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, Space Engineers, and probably a few other games I'm forgetting. Each of those games has over 1,000 hours playtime and most are still going strong.

Eric Hayes

Post » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:19 am

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29023398/#/S59017838 (I never bought before because the previous house had no space and it was in a flood plain), a http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50219044/?query=FREDDE (replaced a red resin desk with teal legs and casters that had the plastic worn off) and a http://store.staspicturehanging.com/STAS_cliprail_max_installation_kit_p/rc10220-ps50105.htmwhich I still have yet to put up due to the http://www.jerrysartarama.com/stas-cliprail-max-hanging-system. If all goes well I will probably buy more to run through out the house because I know how the rest of my family is regard the inability to properly put nails and tumbtacks in.

Krista Belle Davis

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:52 pm

My bicycle. (Like...14 years ago.) As a 45 year old; on and off again smoker, who does not have nor want a drivers license, I'm all the healthier for it. I'm currently smoking, and blow past people half my age and their the ones who are all decked out in fancy cycling gear with the latest bike! Probably never smoked a day in their life, nor some of the other "naughties" in life.

I ride it every where I go. I hate buses, being a high anxiety introverted type who can't stand being confined. I need the wind in my face.

My computer. (7 years ago I believe. With a few free upgrades thanks to a strangers kindness.) As that high anxiety introverted type previously mentioned, it's how I deal with being social with people, meaning at my own pace. (Forums/etc) Excluding close friends of course.

Nicole Elocin

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:28 pm

A Kitchenaid Kurig coffee pot. Use it 5 - 6 times a day for the past two years with no issues, makes great coffee every time.

Charles Mckinna

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:17 pm

I've done a couple of purchases lately that I'm very pleased about, most of it are excellent kitchen equipment like the http://bestpan.com/shop/frying-and-tossing-pans/bratpfanne-flach-528-induktion-nein.html but also the 65" TV I bought about 2 months ago.

I bought a new bicycle almost a year ago after my 24 year old bicycle died on me, and since then I've been using it about 2 hours almost every day. Not that I need to, I live extremely close to my work, but I rather enjoy taking a ride early in the morning during the sunrise.

I'm a bit peeved though, cause while my legs gotten a lot more muscular and fit, I haven't gotten one bit slimmer. So I've been thinking about to start dieting for the past couple of months but still haven't started, cause, well, it's so damn boring :P
Dan Scott

Post » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:45 am

My Tommee Tippie Perfect Prep machine. My goodness this thing has made making up bottled of formula milk so much easier. Wakes in the night wanting milk? Sure thing, give me 2 minutes. Before I bought this, I would have to make up the bottle with boiling water then stick it in a jug of cool water for 20 minutes to cool down. By the time the milk was cool enough you had a very awake and upset baby and the rest of the night was awful. But with this, no longer! Best £80 I have spent in a long time.

I think I wrote this on the previous thread, but my http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/pilot-headset-aviation-headset-active-noise-reduction-etso-tso-approved-hmec-26-2, which I bought for work. When I bought them they were brand new and £715 each, and I say each because I bought 2 of them - one for me and one for my wife. Worth every penny. Actually I really do need to claim my tax back on those...

Last night's curry. It was very nice.
Sabrina Steige

Return to Othor Games