Frequent crashes after 200 hours

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:17 pm

Not long after crossing the 200 hour mark on my save games I've suddenly started crashing much more frequently than before. This has actually happened twice. The first time I rolled back to 195:25 and deactivated some mods I had installed after that point on the off chance that one of them was causing some kind of delayed problem, though until not long after 200 hours I hadn't noticed any problems.

Now, at 199:56 I am experiencing the same frequent crashes. Until then things seemed fine.

Here is my load order on the off chance that there are any issues I haven't noticed.

I do have a very large load order true. But like I said, before 199:56 I wasn't experiencing problems.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit- After some comparison testing in game between a 199:56 save and a 195:25 save I've noticed that it seems to crash particularly frequently when I try to wait or sleep in the 199:56 save. While it hasn't crashed once while trying to wait or sleep in the 195:25 save. Not sure what that means.

Kortniie Dumont

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:36 pm

No idea what your issue is, but 200hrs is about when the a-bomb can begin to kick in. Wrye Bash has a built-in a-bomb status and removal function. There's also a good stand-alone utility that tests and fixes it. It's name now escapes me as I've used Bash for the purpose for a good many years. Your symptom doesn't sound particularly a-bombish, but I've found that the bomb can trigger a variety of otherwise unexplainable game crashes. Worth checking out in any case.

Franko AlVarado

Post » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:42 am

When it crashes is it the same location or doing the same quest?

Do have weird graphical glitches, slow motion, issues with opening doors.

It could be the A-Bomb that Decrepit stated since it could start at about 200HRs. The A-Bomb is an Animation glitch and causes strange effects to happen, not being able to open doors or that it takes ages to open them. On the PC it can happen sooner since we can have higher FPS but at least we also have a means to fix it with Wrye Bash.

SUck MYdIck

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Thanks for the response both. No, the crashes don't seem to be tied to a specific place and I don't think it is quest related. I've wondered about the abomb thing too, but the thing is I haven't noticed any animation glitches, doors seem to open and close just fine. Still, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. Thanks again.

And anyone who has any ideas of other potential causes do please post them.

jason worrell

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:03 pm

Okay I've now tried both Wrye Bash's and Oblivion Animation Fixer on problem saves without any change to the crashes. I guess I can rule out the Abomb thing then. The game still crashes the same as before.

JESSE

Return to IV - Oblivion