Noxiphilic Sanguivoria vs. Sanguinare Vampiris

Post » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:42 am

Hi everyone,

I'd like to write a few short stories myself but I have come across these two types of vampirism in TES lore and for the sake of accuracy, I need to know the following:

If a person is inflicted with the Noxiphilic Sanguivoria (N.S.) strain of vampirism and inflicts a mortal with vampirism, is the resulting disease called Sanguinare Vampiris (S.V.) or a completely different strain?

I would think that the victim inflicted with vampirism by someone who has the N.S. strain would therefore have the S.V. strain since a mortal can only acquire N.S. through the rite of scion, as far as I know.

Here's a few excerpts of TES lore, for referencing purposes:

From the book, Rite of the Scion by Anonymous

"What is the Rite of the Scion?

A ceremony wherein a mortal inflicted with vampiris is accepted by the Blood Matron. This mortal obtains her blood and her favor, becoming a Scion.

What is involved in the ceremony?

A mortal is presented to the Blood Matron by a Scion. The mortal shall take the name Initiate, the Scion that of Bloodspeaker.

The Bloodspeaker must first prepare the accursed symbols of Arkay and Molag Bal. Thereafter, the Initiate drinks from the basin of suffering and the basin of loss and learns the history of Lamae Bal. Then, the Initiate profanes the symbols. Once this is done, the Initiate submits to the Blood Matron and is exsanguinated completely. Should the Blood Matron deem the Initiate worthy, she will revive them with her own blood."

According to the book titled Noxiphilic Sanguivoria by Cinna Scholasticus, she says that "if you are bitten, or believe to have been bitten, by a carrier of Noxiphilic Sanguivoria, do not panic. If you are able to get away from your attacker, see a priest of Arkay immediately. You will not contract full Noxiphilic Sanguivoria without first being exsanguinated by a vampire and then receiving the gift of his or her blood in return."

The book does not go in to further detail on whether the victim will be infected by a third strain of vampirism or the regular S.V. strain.

So, I am asking all of you lore masters, is there a source or book which I have overlooked explaining this detail?

Kaldenur

Jack

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion