Daggerfall Lysandus Tomb Glitch

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:40 am

Hi,

I just went through the dungeon to get to Lysandus' tomb (as part of the Lysandus's Revelation quest) and I went up to his sarcophogus and clicked all around and everywhere and nothing happened. I know I'm supposed to see an animation, but nothing is happening. I'm aware of a bug that causes the animation to skip, but the animation doesn't trigger at all for me. I went to Direnni Tower and got the dust that I'm supposed to pour over him. The lady (I forget her name) told me I was supposed to go to his tomb and all that. I even went back to her (all the way through Direnni Tower again) after the sarcophagus glitch to see if maybe I was supposed to pick up the dust or if I needed to talk to her again, but nothing. Nothing to pick up and clicking on her achieved nothing. So I reloaded a previous save and went all the way through the tomb again, and still no animation. I don't know what to do at this point and I'm rather frustrated. I've scoured Google and it seems nobody else has ever had this problem. Also, when I check my journal, it still says I'm supposed to head back to the lady after 30 days and get the dust (which I have already done. Again, I don't know what the hell is happening. The only thing I can think of is that after getting the dust (and before the tomb) I went to an alchemy shop and sold all of my ingredients (ones that I found on bodies) and maybe I accidentally sold the dust. But I'm not even sure if the dust is an actual object in your inventory or not. Any help with this matter would really be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jenny goodwin

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:14 am

A bug? In Daggerfall? Say it isn't so!

Sorry, OP. Jokes aside, I gave a cursory look on UESP and it does not seem to have any info about this bug. The dust is an actual object in your inventory, just like every other quest item. Problem is, there is nothing the item says or does to distinguish itself as a quest item (a lot of quest items don't). It looks like any old dust. Do you know for certain if you sold alchemical ingredients to a store lately? Or do you have a wagon? You may have put it in there.

EDIT: Also, welcome to the forums! Have a http://en.uesp.net/w/images/c/c4/Fishystick.jpg!

sophie

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:45 am

I know I definitely went to an alchemist before heading to the tomb. I mindlessly sold all my ingredients (I'll never need them) and I probably sold the dust too. It's pretty svcky how there's no way to distinguish quest items from standard items. It also svcks how you're allowed to sell them. In the newer Bethesda games, you can't drop quest items or sell them. But this is an older game, so I guess they hadn't thought of that yet. But god dammit now I can't even finish the game. Same damn thing happened in Arena too. Got to second to last level but got trapped in the dungeon because I was diseased with no cure or spell and I couldn't fast travel ANYWHERE without dying.

P.S. There's no buyback option at the alchemist. I already checked. FML.

Phoenix Draven

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:04 am

Oof. That svcks. Do you have a save from before Direnni Tower or Lysandus's Tomb? Saves are absolutely critical in Daggerfall (and Arena, for that matter), and you need to use all of the slots available (I also kept some extra saves in another folder on my computer in case I ran into issues). I thought you could buy stuff back if you did so right away, but I guess not.

If it isn't too late--since you brought up Arena--are you referring to Murkwood or Dagoth Ur (changed to Red Mountain in Morrowind)? No matter where you go, always load up on 5+ Cure Disease potions (and in Murkwood, bring some Cure Paralysis potions, since those medusas can mess you up). If you have enough money, make sure to have a healthy amount of Resist [element] Potions as well. Do you have any magic items with you, like torcs or rings?

BaNK.RoLL

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:55 pm

I had 5 saves in Daggerfall, all after I went to the alchemist. My earliest save was right before I entered the tomb. And in Arena, I got trapped in Dagoth Ur, right after getting the last staff piece. I don't have any cure disease items, and I've spent hours searching the loot piles in the dungeon, killing enemies to see if they drop any potions, and resting so enemies would spawn and hopefully drop a potion, but nothing. Not a damn thing.

jeremey wisor

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:15 am

The last-ditch effort I could suggest would be to go to UESP. They might have something there for you to use so you don't have to restart the whole game. This might help: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Hacking_Guide.

Not to pile on, but for future reference try to store some earlier saves for Daggerfall in a different folder in case you run into a situation like this. And I suggest saving over the same save file several times in a row and before doing major things (instead of using up save files one right after the other). For Arena, I didn't use another folder so I don't think you'll need an extra folder, but like with Daggerfall it is recommended to save over the same file several times in a row and before doing major things. An example that may work for you: you can have a save before you travel to a new city, when you enter a new dungeon, when you are through a portion of the dungeon, at the end of the dungeon, and when you get out.

Krystal Wilson

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion