The TES attributes to come back?

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:12 pm

I agree and for me, "perks" should not be "more damage" only, but in terms of combat perks, should add maneuvers. There could be a "swipe" perk for melee combat, or a "rapid fire" for ranged. There could be a "extra defensive" perk, too, or a "cleave" perk. How about a "riposte" perk?

That's how I see "perks", anyway ")

Ashley Hill

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:45 pm

Based on the success of Skyrim compared to the success of other rpg, I think they will expand upon the Skyrim attribute system. Something that runs smoothly throughout the game and not feeling like an old dice game that forces you to have a decent understanding of old rpg mechanics which if chosen wrongly could result in regrets throughout the entirety of the game. If the older attribute system was as appealing to the wider gaming market, Oblivion would have made new sales of the back of Skyrim's success as both were on the same platform. The truth is that Action Adventure style rpg sells better to the wider market.

I do hope they bring Agility back though as that was seriously missing in Skyrim (and TESO).
Terry

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:26 pm

The attributes system that The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind has and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has to get a improvement for The Elder Scrolls VI.

The way The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has it now is very bad.

There are mods for the PC version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on PC that adds the attributes system back and keeps the perks system and it is all balanced.

X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:42 pm

Oblivion did make new sales off the back of Skyrim's success. Quite a few players new to the franchise with Skyrim purchased Oblivion. Some purchased Morrowind. Some purchased The Elder Scrolls Anthology. In fact, all of the purchasable games in the series experience an increase in sales when a new installment is released.

"Action Adventure style RPG" is not unique to Skyrim. All of the Elder Scrolls games are hybrid action/RPGs. It is a matter of degree, not of kind. Skyrim may be more of an action game than was Morrowind but it is not a radical departure from Elder Scrolls formula.

Mr. Allen

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:02 pm

I remember when The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind was at only 500,000 copies sold on Steam in 2014 or so, now The Elder Scrolls III: Morrrowind is like at 1+ million copies sold on Steam according to steamspy.com.

Those 500,000+ copies of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind sold on Steam had to of come from PC gamers who also purchased The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim looking to experience playing The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Who would purchase a video game without purchasing the sequels? The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was at 10.8+ million copies sold like a month ago on steamspy.com.

celebrity

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:53 pm

I agree. And I bet some of those people ended up liking Morrowind better than Skyrim, too. :)

Miguel

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion