Oblivion character leveling glitch

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:33 pm

I'm trying to play Oblivion on PC but can't seem to get my character to level. The red bar at the bottom of the character screen never moves. I've been playing for hours and my skills level up as they should but I'm still at level 1. I recently installed the game on a new computer that runs Windows 10 when this issue began. My other computer also runs Windows 10 but the game works fine on it. The leveling bar moves as it should and I level up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, using a digital version instead of a disk, and tried all the possible compatibility settings but no joy on anything I've tried. I am not using any mods or anything that would change the game in any way.

Is this a problem that anyone has had before?

Search after search at multiple sites using multiple search engines has revealed no solution. I've only found 2 other people who have this problem so it seems to be computer specific and neither of them seems to have found a solution.

Please don't suggest that I sleep or that I have to level the skills that are specific to my character build as a solution.

I've been playing this game on and off for years and I do know how to do that. It doesn't work!!
Lily Something

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:38 am

Please run dxdiag.exe and post the full report in spoiler tags.

When you first installed the game did you have any mods installed or did you port over the character save from the other computer.

Have you tried another character. Either with a working character from the other computer. You could also try bringing over the non working character to the working game and see if it works if you still have access to the other computer.

Robert Jackson

Return to IV - Oblivion