Buy one universe, and get one free!

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:43 pm

Bathesda has provided us with many universes. I was thinking would it be possible to create a game which makes use of more than one of these universes.

A protagonist from say the Fallout universe could find themselves in the Skyrim universe or in the Dishonoured one or even in

the world of The Evil Within.

Such a game might be attractive to the company. It could be seen as an introduction to the companies many and varied

products, a gamer after spending a short time in one universe might wish after suitable expenditure spend more time in that

universe.

Just a thought. It could be fun!

Steph

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:42 pm

I would not be interested in this. I would rather keep these fictional universes separate. There are times when bringing two worlds together can be fun (as in, say, Who Framed Roger Rabbit) but, in my opinion, this is not one of them.

Naomi Ward

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:17 pm

I think it could make for a pretty cool Easter egg. Something along the lines of finding a rocket in a Fallout game that blasts you into space and puts you in hyper-sleep...then you wake up having crash landed on Nirn. You could even take it as far as checking to see if Skyrim is installed, in which case it creates a new Skyrim savegame with your Fallout character re-created as a Skyrim character with some special "futuristic" equipment.

As a full crossover game, I don't see how it would fit, but that's just my opinion.

Brian Newman

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:38 pm

There's always a lighthouse, there's always a city...

I could see a comedy game about some world breaking between Bethesda games but in terms of actual canon I wouldn't want anything like that to happen.

Lloyd Muldowney

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:52 pm

An OWB vibe would be nice.

Elizabeth Lysons

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:41 am

I don't know these acronyms...

Emmanuel Morales

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:03 pm

i wouldn't be interested in it, and it would likely kill my interest in both franchises entirely..

settings are different, as is there themes.. trying to cross them over just for the sake of it sorta ruins that.. I mean, imagine if in Star Wars VIII they landed on Arda and they had a lightsaber duel against Gandalf the Grey while suddenly Commander Shepard showed up and yelled "only you two can help me beat the reapers!" and they all jumped in the USS Enterprise and had a beer with Danny Ocean while training their pikachus..

settings are different for a reason, i say keep em that way, because trying to merge them just comes off as forced and unnatural and ruins them in many ways

Rex Help

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:38 am

Old World Blues, it's a comedic dlc in Fallout New Vegas.

I was thinking in terms of a character having to navigate his or her way through an alien universe to get back to their own.

However I get your point.

Krista Belle Davis

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:03 am

I'm going to guess he is referring to Old Wotld Blues from Fallout New Vegas. Was full of a lot of wacky humor.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

But I've never been fond of these crossover ideas for Bethesda games. At all.
Davorah Katz

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:25 pm

*edit* ninja'd by Binky
Lizbeth Ruiz

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:37 pm

Double ninja, nice. xD I maintain that if you're the first person to bring up a game title, you should use the full title at least once... I never know what gamers are talking about.

m Gardner

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:40 pm

Actually, I'g give money for going as far as being able to play as a jedi Gandalf training a pikachu.
*Chloe*

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:36 pm

thats why I like when people use the full name of the thing there talking about.
anna ley

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:44 am

It would be ok as an easter egg only. I remember the old Sierra adventure games had easter eggs like this - example in Space quest you could end up in a scene from King's quest (before dying).

Terry

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:42 pm

I can understand some people liking the idea, but personally I′d have no interest in such a game. Hybrids are never as good as the standalone versions.

yermom

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:24 pm

I apologise, I too dislike the practice. TES, F:NV no. A long, long time ago I wwith orked in a cinema,at the time if a manager had successfully

promoted a film he would receive a liitle brass plaque on which was inscribed the name of the film that he had promoted.

These were displayed in the foyer office. One of these plaques simply read "CE3K", it is sad to relate, that it took me many weeks to work

out, as to what movie these initials referred to.

sunny lovett

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:19 pm

It's an interesting idea and I wonder how well it would do, or if it would garner interest from players not familiar with Bethesda's line of games.

Since I am familiar, I'd find it jarring seeing my Lone Wanderer heading to Whiterun. I don't think I could a mash-up of the Bethesda's worlds, but would like to see what happened :)

SexyPimpAss

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Games that mix genres can be good but the idea of taking two games of different genres and trying to mix them doesn't work for me.

A new IP that had a post-apocalyptic setting with fantasy elements might be interesting but it wouldn't be Fallout.

marina

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:32 pm

Oh yeah! haha Sierra did have a lot of those easter eggs. Infocom too (though one could argue all the universes were the same for Infocom titles.)

Hussnein Amin

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:19 pm

I actually would like that myself. Guns and magic, mutants and the Fae, Wizards and gunslingers...I can dream right?

The world perished in nuclear fire, the survivors held on but only just. After a few generations some people became capable of manipulating the forces of nature around them. Some were rescued by an impossible source, it seems the myths and legends were real, and the elves saved the few they could in a bid to create a better world for all. The fae, it turns out, can reduce the detrimental effects of radiation, but can not breed amongst themselves and need the human race to have children of their own so need to save humanity to save themselves. However, there is the remnants of the old nations who seek to regain their hold on control of the world, and will stop at nothing to use the lost technologies that they seek out in hidden bunkers around the globe, to regain that control. A world of dark and twisted alliances unfolds as you move from town to town, and learn who the real culprit of the engulfing flames was, and why they did it.

maddison

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:46 pm

At most I'd only like to see a random guy dressed like Grognak running up to you and saying"For the Nords!" And dashing off. Something similar for TES. This odd encounter that doesn't make any sense but doesn't violate lore.

Tamara Primo

Return to Othor Games