Dark Souls Discussion #48

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:47 pm

Did you pick anything up from another player you summoned into your world? That is the only accidental explanation for 70 great Hero Souls unless you acquired them through a mod or a hack of some sort.

As for poise in Dark Souls 2. It is very important. However, it is the other side of the table compared to Dark Souls 1. Poise isn't that important on armors, but poise damage is very important on weapons. Particularly later in the game when PvE enemies have absolutely ridiculous amounts of poise.

In other news. Just beat the Dancer with a soul level 1 deprived with a plus 3 weapon. Almost got her on the first try. Then didn't come close for the next 5 lol. Took me 15+ attempts.
Rinceoir

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:56 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "superboss". But I assume since you looked it up, you also discovered that there are means of making it a fair fight. Well, as fair as it gets when fighting a dragon. Shame though, Kalameet is hands down my favorite boss of DS1. Fighting a dragon proves a fierce battle that not many bosses match throughout the series.

Shelby Huffman

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:15 pm

I didn't say cheating, I said it defeats the purpose of having the experience of a Souls game.

Yes, your mistakes should have a penalty in these games. By save-scumming your way past this game mechanic you are robbing yourself from the game experience that was intended.

You've created a game where you have nothing to fear and nothing to loose, and therefore lessen the experience of any triumph you do have. Souls games are largely about overcoming challenge by relying on the fact that you're learning from your mistakes and creating survival techniques.

I don't condemn save-scumming, you can play however you want. But I do know that you are missing the point of how the games are purposefully designed to be enjoyed ;)

Kalameet: Talk to a certain NPC to help make the fight fair (Kalameet won't be able to fly.) And it's a pretty fun fight, so it's worth doing.

70 Great Hero souls: As mentioned above, that can only be done with hacking. Someone invading/summoned must have dropped them for you.

One of the problems with playing on PC is the massive amount of hackers messing with your experience.

Janette Segura

Post » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:20 am

Well, like i said above, with the Ring of Binding the health penalty is no that bad, and i can save the effigies for bosses, once i know how to beat them. Besides, i'm too lazy to find the save folder again :P

Maybe i'll fight Kalameet sometime, but for now i'll focus on DS2.

And have to pay attention to what the invaders drop then.

A two-bladed sword? Haven't seen one of those since the original Neverwinter Nights ^_^
Carys

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:31 pm

FromSoft released 5 minutes of gameplay from the upcoming DLC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWCt6PVXCvQ

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

Which version of the game did you buy? The standard DkS2, or the "Scholar of the First Sin" edition?

Scholar has all the DLC included, but it also "remixed" some of the enemy layout in the vanilla game. Most people consider it to be a bit more harder than the original version.

Leanne Molloy

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Oh, Darks Souls 3 isn't done yet? Then i'm not as late as i thought :hehe:

And yes, i bought the Scholar edition, made sense to get the "Enhanced Edition". More difficult? doesn't matter. i'm nothing if not persistent, all rage quits are temporary :P

Haven't had one in 2 yet, so it must be easier than the first :teehee:
yessenia hermosillo

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:09 pm

Something else I forgot to mention- sconces are not the only thing that you can light with torches. I won't spoil anything specific, but some areas- and boss arenas- can be altered in some ways by using a torch on the correct objects.

lucile davignon

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:19 pm

Cool, i have nearly two hours of it, so i don't need to be stingy with it.

The coffin does nothing but change your character's gender? Okay... :eek:
Well, at least it changes it back too.

Well, the chariot fight was interesting, the damn lock-on system priotirising skeletons instead of the necromancers was no help :stare:
butterfly

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:36 pm

Correct. It just gives the choice to change your character if you want.

There's also a way that you can re-spec all your stats, to completely change your build if you want. This is handy for people playing to NG+6 that want variety.

Bad News Rogers

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:29 am

I may have grinded too much, level 89 when i killed the first thing the http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276785607 lady told me to kill :lmao:

Oh well, more murder for me ^_^
Charlotte X

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:53 am

You should try going without the lock-on every now and then. Sometimes there are situations against certain enemies, even some bosses, where you will be better off without it.
Steve Bates

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:14 am

It must really svck being a boss in Dark Souls. No matter how many times you kill that zombie, it just keeps coming back until you're dead.

What that means is that after more time than i care to admit, the Smelter Demon is dead, and no, there is no "overpowered" in this game :lmao:
Alan Cutler

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:57 am

What's really unfair is the fact that you're just about the only unique character that comes back to life after dying. Even other undead npcs don't seem to have that luxury even as they're whining about their undead state. I personally think that it's simply because From realized it'd tug at your heartstrings more if the sympathetic bosses and quirky loveable NPCs were to stay dead, lore and consistency be damned.

Ashley Hill

Previous

Return to Othor Games