Master's Thesis help

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:38 pm

Greetings,

I am Master’s student at Turku University studying European Heritage, Digital Media and the Information Society. My proposed research thesis will be discussing the issues associated with the preservation of digital media, specifically video games. Without going into too much detail, my goal is to re-create the atmosphere and provenance of older video games along with other curatorial assets into a virtual reality setting. I plan to either Arena and/or Daggerfall as a case study with the end product being a virtual reality museum exhibit dedicated to the game.

What I am asking for:

High res pictures and scans of any material related to the game (ad copy, boxes, floppy disks, cds, etc.)

Build lists of your PC’s when you originally played the game and dream PC builds of the time.

Horror stories: install issues, bugs, issues with gameplay, and other period accurate color for the time.

General opinions of the game and memories related to its multiple releases.

Advice on gameplay and character builds.

Any member who contributes to this project will have my eternal gratitude and their name persevered on a virtual plague or paver and access to the finished product. Thank you all in advance

Matt Bee

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion