Need Help Getting to the Dwarven Ruins

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:41 pm

So I finally got back to continuing Redguard, and...wow, is this part frustrating. As the title says, I am trying to get to the Dwarven Ruins. I know it is in the southwest part of the island, and I am even able to see a bit of it with the draw distance, I believe. But I can't actually find how to, you know, GET TO THE ACTUAL RUINS. I went up the gray road in the Ogres Tooth Mountains and killed the guards that automatically attack you along the way, including the three congregated around the Dwemer artifacts where the dirigible is before it flies away. When I go all the way up the path, I can't get across that little valley-like area that you take in order to start taking the road around the mountains.

Am I just being stupid (actually, don't answer that question)? Is there just something I am missing? I looked at a bunch of places for the info. Even UESP doesn't really say exactly how to get over there that I can see. And what seems to be the only walkthrough on YouTube conveniently EDITS THAT PART OUT.

So, how exactly do I get to the entrance of the Dwarven Ruins?

EDIT: Just now realized I didn't make it clear which game I was talking about in the topic name (TESA: Redguard)...

Donald Richards

Post » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:03 am

the ruins are on the big mountain in the west, the path is guarded by imperials, so you better bring more health potions and a bottle of aloe. you can enter the doors with the book "dwarven lore, wich you bought before at Jeffers store. There is a good walkthrough of the entire game on a youtube channel called "Vazz" if you need more help

Bek Rideout

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:39 am

As aforementioned, I have already killed those Imperial guards and gone up the road. And yes, I do have the book of Dwarven Lore from J'ffer's bookstore. When I get to the end of the road, there is no way across the small valley with those two big pieces of Dwarven architecture.

That Youtube channel I referred to is indeed that of Vazz. For whatever reason, right after the Imperial guards are killed his video conveniently cuts immediately to the Dwarven Ruins. Maybe it shows where to go when he is leaving the ruins. Otherwise, I guess I will just have to keep looking around for whatever it is I am not seeing.

Melanie Steinberg

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:26 pm

here, i marked it on your map.

dropbox. [remove this] com/s/q5118rkdnqa348n/Unbenannt. [and this too ffs] PNG?dl=0

btw, what do i have to do that i can post links on this forum?

Andrew

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Should have time this weekend to check it out. Thanks. When I see the path up to the Dwarven Ruins I bet I'll feel like an idiot.

As for links, you shouldn't have any issue just posting them normally. Otherwise, you can highlight a word and then use the "Link" option (right next to the "Insert/Remove Numbered List" option) when you are typing your comment to make it a link for a URL.

Nick Swan

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:25 pm

Whenever i try to post a link, it says i dont have the permission do do so. maybe i have be more active on this forum or something until this works

Jonathan Braz

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:31 pm

That's odd. Maybe activity on the forum will fix that.

Anyways, I was looking for the path that leads to the ruins, which was not in that Dropbox picture. I knew where the ruins were roughly. But I did finally find the path. Found Arkay's fertility statue, and there was a gray road with more guards along it there. I was led by UESP and that YouTube channel to believe it was where I was going before though, which is incredibly frustrating. But at least I am now in the ruins.

I must admit, the combat in this game pisses me off quite a bit. I really don't understand what I am doing wrong. Hopefully practice will make it better, but I get a couple nice and easy hits in and then I get hit when I do what seems to be the exact same thing I did before.

Angelina Mayo

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:30 pm

Thats a little strange, i think the ruins are really not that hard to find.

But if you have problems with the combat system, i recommend remapping them on your keyboard first. Use WASD to move, arrow up to use objects and to attack. arrow down to draw your sword, left for previous item, right for next inventory item. put "view/defend" (i actually didnt even know there was a defend button until my second playthrough) on the control key, fighting and walking should now be much easier. For sword duels,the safest way to dodge attacks is by holding shift and A or D do move around your enemy, then hit him on the side before he turns to you. whenever you are not attacking, just hold control with auto defend enabled and you will dodge atacks automatically. i personally really like this cobat system meanwhile, but for more instructions, you should really read the manual of this game.

Batricia Alele

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:41 am

Because when I was trying to make sure I was going the right way, the YouTube video and UESP suggested that I was. I didn't see anything about Arkay's Fertility Statue being on the way from either source. In hindsight, it isn't hard to find, but the stuff about the grey road was misleading because the particular one that leads straight to the ruins wasn't as obvious and in the open as the gray road I was going along before. I was running alongside a mountain...just like the path I was supposed to take does. But at least finding the path is out of the way now.

Yeah, the way I have the keys currently mapped is probably the biggest reason why the combat is difficult. I will try remapping the keys then. I have been trying to use the dodge method, and it sometimes works well. I may just need practice. Thanks for the help.

ANaIs GRelot

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion