Questions about cliff racers and removing mods

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:51 pm

I've decided to replay Morrowind again after about 12 years... I re-bought the game, downloaded Morrowind Overhaul plus a couple of other mods, and I'm really enjoying my first couple of hours rediscovering Morrowind.

My first question is about cliff racers. I remember cliff racers being one of my two issues with the game during my playthroughs before. I've looked at mods to remove them but there seem to be comments to the effect that they don't really work. Does anyone have an ideas on dealing with them? Are there any mods which DO work? Or any workaround which make them nothing more than negligible annoyances? I'm playing a mage so I'm open to custom spells and enchantments.

My second question is whether we risk save game corruption when we remove installed mods. I'm thinking primarily about the sound mods that were incorporated in Morrowind Overhaul, but also for other mods for future reference.

Thanks in advance!

Etta Hargrave

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:11 pm

To answer your first question - dunno why the other mods didn't work. I knocked this up in literally two minutes - let me know if it works: http://www.4shared.com/file/ARKNXFynba/Cliff_Racers_are_passive.html

(I just set the cliffracers' AI fight settings to 0, so they should never attack under any circumstances.)

Yes, you risk savegame corruption by removing mods. Wrye created a utility to clean savegames, but I found I could only clean saves a few times before they became unusable. I just adopt a policy of not becoming particularly attached to saves and creating lots of separate saves so I can always revert to the last save before I installed the mod (even if it means replaying a couple of hours).
Imy Davies

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:41 pm

Thanks very much, princess stomper! I'll try that mod out.

I'll just start a new game to avoid save game corruption, I'm only 2 hours or so in, so no big loss there.

chloe hampson

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Just wanted to menion, that Hrnchamd's Morrowind Code Patch does make it safer to remove a plugin from a savegame. The documentation says:

In the old days before this patch, it was usually a really bad idea to remove a plugin from a savegame. These days, it should be much safer.

Annick Charron

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:46 pm

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

Claire Jackson

Post » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:06 am

Morrowind isn't the same without the experience of being chased by a pack of blighted Cliff Racers! Not sure why anyone would want to remove them. :tongue:
Nicole M

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:29 pm

Such http://mw.modhistory.com/download-24-2604 already exist and I am using it without having any issue with Cliff Racers. You should give it a try.

Also, uploading a file to 4shared is a bad idea since one must register in order to download anything, unless things at 4shared is different now then it was in the past.

Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:43 pm

I didn't know that - very useful to know :goodjob:

Oh yes, I remember that mod. :)

As for the 4shared, *recorded voice* I'm sorry, Princess Stomper's time availability has expired. Please check back for further updates in a month or two. :P
Pumpkin

Return to III - Morrowind