Spell vfx as an activator

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:27 am

Hi everyone,

I want to use a recolored vanilla spell effect as a visual effect. I made an activator with the mesh of the spell effect and placed it with PlaceAtPC. However, the animation of this effect was not played (stuck on the 1st frame).

I know about AnimGroups (like in spriggan_summon nif), but don't know how to add them to the existing model (and haven't found any tutorials on it). However, there is one another mesh called Almalexia_summon.NIF (activator "Sotha Alma Appear Effect") which doesn't have any AnimGroup and the effect animation is automatically played when an object with this model assigned is placed into the game world. I tried to find any differences between this mesh and spell vfx mesh which I want to use, but with no luck.

The question is: what should I do to the spell effect NIF in order to use it as an animated activator?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Not relevant anymore.

Blackdrak

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:16 pm

In order not to create lots of threads:

Does having a lot of global variables (100, for instance) lead to something undesirable?

Anthony Santillan

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:11 pm

The only problem with global variables is they are not automatically cleaned from saves if you remove the mod, you need a couple clicks in Mash to remove them ;-)
They are http://mwmodders.com/scriptingnotes.html

[EDIT]well, there may be a problem if you need to store longintegers I think there is a http://wiki.theassimilationlab.com/mmw/Scripting_for_Dummies, so usse 2 variables if you need the extra precision
Hazel Sian ogden

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:57 pm

That's nice, I won't (and I don't use large numbers (depends on player, though (but won'thappen in a normal playthrough)))! Time to overcome my childish fears of global variable armies.

Nicole Coucopoulos

Return to III - Morrowind