"It wasn't me!" - tl;dr - Reset mysterious crime sta

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:23 pm

This character hasn't actually assaulted anyone, but their "Assault" stat is now "1". I am playing "Dead is Dead" and "Done is Done", but I haven't actually face-punched (or anything else) anyone or anything that wasn't a bandit or monster; particularly in the last fifteen minutes of play.

I'm thinking it might be due to a mod, as I haven't got an associated bounty ("Bounty: 0"); on the off-chance some random glitch happened, is there any way to reset the assault count?

alyssa ALYSSA

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:34 pm

My current character has 183 assaults on her record, with highest bounty showing as zero and arrests as 3 (none of which were for assault). I can account for a handful of those - spamming AoE Turn Undead spells in a dungeon with an ally to keep him alive, during an undead swarm. Which would have affected him too, but him being a regular NPC had no overt effect. Still considered a hostile spell.

But the rest I have no idea. Perhaps if you use a Command spell on a creature, which makes it an ally, and then attack it? Or accidentally hitting your own summoned creature in combat? I've done those plenty.

Melissa De Thomasis

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:50 pm

He's cast a few flare spells, but not where there's people, at this point. Mostly, he's a light fighter.

ShOrty

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:34 am

It's considered assault if you attack a bandit that is not hostile at the time.
There are a couple of Mythic Dawn members who never go hostile, they are considered assault.

Edit:

modpcmiscstat 31 -1
No Name

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:04 pm

Well that would do it, then. The character I referenced above is somewhat of a ranged/stealth type so she usually attacks first from a distance and while sneaking. No sense in going up and introducing herself first. I suppose if her last name were "Montoya" there might be some precedent for that, but no. :)

Kate Murrell

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:05 pm

So it's assault because your character attacked first; but not a crime because they're bandits? That makes sense, then. I'll leave it there. My only worry was that I might have hit a bug that would get the guards angry at me, and break character.

Kira! :)))

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:09 pm

I'm not sure how much sense it makes, but yeah, sneaky characters have to just ignore that stat.
I think it is not considered a crime if there are no witnesses alive to tell the guards.
You have to watch out for an Orc adventurer in one of the forts, if you kill him before talking to him, you'll get a visit from the Dark Brotherhood, because he isn't a bandit.
GabiiE Liiziiouz

Return to IV - Oblivion