will bethesda eventual rerelease oblivion to console too?

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:38 pm

so now that i know skyrim remastered is coming to console in a month, it brings another question....oblivion was a game just as awesome as skyrim. i think that if skyrim rerelease with mod access is successful on consoles where the negotiation for mod access was successful (right now i think its just xbox) then bethesda should consider a remastered moid access version of oblivion released to console as well. people with nostalgia for the game as well as new players im sure will be interested. i definitely am!

i would like to see this version of oblivion include updated graphics, compatable with mods screened and approived like with skyrim, and even dlc similar to hearhtstone. they could update or redo the leving system because i do think skyrims leveling system is better than oblivions. the magic and enchanting systems of skyrim was better too so they could make oblivions more like skyrims. perhaps add a few new quests and content as well. and you know id love to see more kinds of horses too!

what new features or content would you like to see?

Emmie Cate

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:01 am

Oblivion is 10 years old so yea, no.

Farrah Lee

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:10 am

I think it is possible. Will it happen? I don't know. Personally I have my doubts. But then again, nine months ago I was saying that Skyrim will never be remastered. So who knows? Bethesda has surprised us before.

I hope it happens. I really do. I think it's a great idea. I would love to see consoles get access to some of the great Oblivion mods that have been created over the past ten years. So, from your lips to Bethesda's ears. Here's hoping it comes to pass. :foodndrink:

Amanda Furtado

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Considering they can′t even keep these forums I don′t see why they would bother re-releasing Oblivion.

Oh, right. Money.

Killer McCracken

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:32 pm

Well, that would have been XBox-only until a few days ago, but it seems Bethesda have finally made a deal with Sony to allow PS4 mods. As to the OP's original point, I think they were hoping for 'improvements' to the core game, not something I'd welcome, but then I'm a PC player, got mods already to do most of that. Any core game update I'd want would be almost entirely to do with optimising and stabilising the game engine. But it'll never happen from Beth - though the modding community have done some amazing things to get the game running smoothly, even under a huge mod burden.

Catherine N

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:04 pm

I'd love to see Oblivion get a remastered 64 bit dx11 engine for PC like SSE. I don't think it will happen but I'd buy it for sure. I'd like to have a version of Oblivion that can make the most of my hardware.
Darlene Delk

Return to IV - Oblivion