Dumbing Down And Reverse Quality

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:46 am

So skyrims a bit simple right?....

I luckily had the fortune to play skyrim first, then oblivion, then morrowind, so i feel like the series just got better an better, at least from a opposite play sort of way.

i loved skyrim when i first played it, it had a Huge open world and it let me go ANYWHERE and do almost ANYTHING, i could make a noble Altmer Wizard an rise to the head of the mages Guild or i could create a simple nord farmer character who got Dragged into the civil war!

it was a game that gave me so much physical freedom like never before and i loved it, i put Hundreds of hours into it and i swear iv completed Every single quest and story, played every charcter type to the end... and well now im bored an can reflect on my past Glories in the world of skyrim..... and well... it alll just kind of blurs togethor..

i never really felt like my character DID anything, at least nothing new, yeah sure i made a nord mage, an a dark elf mage.. but both characters had the same Magical opportunities and they both made the same "Choices" and "Decicions" so it just felt like all the roleplay was in my head an coulnt be Actualized ingame.

But then came Oblivion, and sure it had some rather coulorfull graphics that remined me abit too much of an episode of the simpsons, but still it had more skills, more weapons, AND PANTS! (Why were there NO pants in skyrim.... Wtf) and it felt like my character had more options, now i could create a character with a set class, i could name that class whatever i wanted.

and i could dress him up in a larger assortment of cloths that suited his character, i could learn new and intresting spells an further my roleplaying even more, it was allmost perfect.

And then... From the mythical Realm of OBLIVION (Okay Ebay) i was bestowed with an almighty Artifact! MORROWIND!

An it PISSED ME OFF!.... at least until i change the controlls abit and Leveled my guy up abit so he can actualy hit something, But it has SO MUCH more than oblivion and skyrim Combined. it had BELTS it had Separate Gloves, LANTERNS and Candles an so much more Detail than anything before, it is perfect. and it has more of everything, it really feels like TES has gone kinda backwards in quality and RPG... Ness.

What do you think? and which TES game gave you the best roleplaying expierience? (Sorry for spelling errors im argonion and cant write good)

Trish

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:36 pm

To me, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim are like a family of three rambunctious children. Each has it's own little endearing quirks. And as much as they may aggravate me at times, I find it hard to pick a favorite.

But if I were forced at gunpoint to choose just one, I would choose Morrowind.

Sharra Llenos

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:17 am

Well said sir

Danielle Brown

Return to III - Morrowind