Hi I was told to ask for help here with mods in oblivion

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:09 am

Can't see anything in your .ini you should change.

You could try this, a bit old but it seems quite popular:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/4868/

I cannot vouch for it personally, though.

Big mike

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:08 am

hmm i just tried that, but unfortunetly it didnt get rid of the line/seam, it did make it look better thats for sure but i could still see it :(

"sigh" idk why this occurs in the first place its soo weird

I just wanna my play favourite game without seeing that crap in it, its really annoying cos its in a few other places as well

yermom

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:29 pm

I think different things bother different people. I'll tell you what really bugs me from time to time, though I've mostly learned to ignore it, and that's seams in dungeons. The meshes sometimes don't quite clip together properly and for me that's a lot worse than just a texture seam...

мistrєss

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:45 pm

Is it better without QTP 3. I have no real experience with that mod. I tried it once a few years ago and it just did not feel right for me since not everything in Oblivion was changed and I noticed the differences and that bothered me so I went back to vanilla textures except maybe for some weapon and armor mods. Not saying the mod is bad it is actually quite good and would love it.

Maybe some one else made some tweaks to QTP3

Jade Payton

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:06 am

No, QTP3 still doesn't cover everything, but the thing to do is use other texture replacers to fill in the gaps. Vibrant covers a bunch of stuff that QTP doesn't, but I run it behind QTP3 in the Wrye Bash install order because I don't like what it does to the roads. Then there's Improved Trees and Flora etc - well, you can mix and match, there's likely not a texture in the game there isn't a replacer for, usually more than one...

neil slattery

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:57 pm

I tried other texture packs with it and it I noticed the difference in textures and such and just went back to vanilla since I do like the vanilla textures. I am not the person that likes to have a lot of mods. I prefer to have less than 10 mods and if possible under 5. If I have to have more mods than that means that I should be playing a different game if I have to mod many things in it. To me mods are there to just add a few small things and to help me fine tune the game to the character that I am playing.

Alyce Argabright

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:45 pm

so should i give up on it and just play with the seams/lines or does someone know how to fix it?

Soku Nyorah

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:37 pm

@chovie23q: Did you decide to use the UOP and the QTP3 compatiblity patches?

Does the TES Mod manager make provision for install order? it sounds like you'll be wanting to wipe Oblivion and re-install using something like http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/22368/? instead. Keep the save file though. :)

Vickytoria Vasquez

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:52 am

yes im using the uop and qtp3 compatibility patches, the seams still occur ingame

Markie Mark

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:12 pm

Looks like a texture seam from QTP3 then. If there is a tiling effect you could try https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2466499-visible-landscape-texture-seams/. Don't recall seeing this in QTP3 redimed & reduced but perhaps try the plain QTP3?

Jerry Cox

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:37 pm

Oblivion has a limit on the number of ground textures in a cell, and if more are used, then the extras are just ignored. I.e. another texture is used instead. Fixing the problem is a matter of determining which cell has the overflow, and then making sure the seam line uses the same texture in each cell. That sometimes requires changing the adjacent cell's texture as well.

Mods like QTP3 don't affect that, as they just replace each texture with a new one. The matching problem then exists between two new textures instead of two old ones, but it remains a mis-match. Only a mod that edits the cells will fix it.

Siobhan Thompson

Previous

Return to IV - Oblivion