Just beat Arena from TES Anthology!

Post » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:42 am

I just beat Arena!

The first time I played this game I cheated by looking at dungeon maps all the time.

This time I decided to play it without any outside help. It was a great experience, and much more rewarding. I beat the main quest as a level 19 Wood Elf Ranger. It took me about three weeks to play.

My goal is to play the entire Anthology series from front to back, so that leads me to playing my most memorable game in the past: Daggerfall! I never beat it or tried the main quest. It's been really fun going from part 1 and upward now. In Arena, I was able to rearrange the keyboard so WSAD keys worked for movement. Sometimes the riddles forced me to change one key back to its original, but it was not often, and it was simple to change it back.

Arena had its challenges. My best advice is to save frequently (a save for outside, a save for inside, and a backup), and buy hundreds of healing/levitation potions if you're not a spell caster. My ranger had no magic, so I struggled at the end with finding some enchanted weapons, which broke at the end, but I still survived somehow... mostly running like hell.

Onward to chapter 2!

Euan

Post » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:12 pm

Really glad to see you enjoying the older games. If you are really dedicated to playing the series in order I would recommend picking up Redguard and Battlespire on GOG. They are quite cheap and a really great experience and Battlespire even has cooperative and vs multiplayer.

cheryl wright

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:35 am

Thanks, I'll have to try those adventure games sometime.

It feels really good playing Daggerfall again.

A Lo RIkIton'ton

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion