MGSO 3.0

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:07 pm

Hi, I am having a problem running MGSO 3.0. Everytime it gets to running Mlox, it freezes. I have read the instructions carefully and am still having this problem. I am running Windows 8.1 if that helps. So can someone help me?

Ricky Rayner

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:19 pm

How do you run mlox, is it via Yacoby's WMSA or is it alone?

Emmanuel Morales

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Thank you for the response. But I don't know what Yacoby's WMSA is? I run mlox when installing MGSO. It's apart of the MGSO setup.

Jade Payton

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:57 pm

Sorry, I thought you knew what WMSA is.

Well, WMSA stands for Wrye Mash Stand Alone and that was Melchor who released the first exe-based Wrye Mash, which means no more hassle with Python because the necessary Python components is bundle into an exe.

Later, Yacoby forked Melchor's WMSA into the latest Wrye Mash version, but Yaocby's WMSA has one minor bug and that's the "edit the file header" bug. Which isn't a big deal, but a little annoying and I know a few people who are using both versions.

Yes, you use both version altogether, because Melchor's WMSA are the only WMSA version that can be installed outside of the required \Morrowind\Mopy folder.

I suggest that you update http://download.fliggerty.com/download-58-999 since that version in MGSO 3.0 is outdated. Check the mlox thread here or goto to Nexus and find Dragon32, he is the one who have maintained mlox for so long and he would know.

Harry Hearing

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:21 pm

If your problem is that the MGSO installer is hanging when the installer reaches the step of running mlox as part of the initial MGSO installation. My suggestion would be to see if you can skip that step and go on to the next step in the installer. Then once the installation is complete, update mlox and then run it.

Also, make sure you have installed the game outside of program files, make sure you have installed Morrowind "as administrator," and run the MGSO installer "as administrator."

Also, you will want to review this thread for a slew of bugfixes for http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1541166-morrowind-overhaul-sounds-graphics-30-thread-7/.

Philip Rua

Post » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:30 am

Thanks for the links and suggestions. I will follow your advice. Thank you both of you.:tops:

Sarah Kim

Return to III - Morrowind