Trying to remind people about new Beth forum site

Post » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:51 am

Specifically in regards to people posting threads about bugs and other issues in the Skyrim/Skyrim SE forums here. Even if I don't know how they can fix their current issue, I still want to help and all I can advise people to do is go to the Bethesda.net site, due to the fact that that site has support threads for the current-gen consoles. So far, the Skyrim forums here only have last-gen, so the general discussion and cheats/hints/spoilers forums get clogged with unrelated threads. It's getting very frustrating, but I just want to help.

Like it or not, the new forums will become the default eventually. But trust me, the current setup is much better than when they were experimenting with Jive, so it's actually usable now. I worry that if people keep posting support-related threads about the current-gen games on this site, they won't get the appropriate attention their problems deserve. They also will be unaware of what Bethesda currently is aware of in terms of SSE bugs, as there are some posts on the new forums about that.

Anyway, just wanted to vent about that. I also wonder if other people feel the same way. It's frustrating when you want to help people but no one seems to notice.

kristy dunn

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:34 pm

considering Bethesda staff never really responds to "bug" threads anyways, they would probably be more likely to get a response here considering these forums still have a higher average viewer base

April D. F

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:08 pm

Well I gave it a shot. It's still not mobile friendly and it's a hassle on my phone, but it's at least usable, even if it's still a HUGE step down from what we have now.
Robyn Howlett

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:57 pm

Lol, did Beth. pay you to start this thread? :P

While they continue to keep their retina burning colour theme I won't be visiting the place. I'm on PC so I'll be sticking with Nexus, at least they know how make and run a forum over there unlike the amateurs at Bethesda.net.

Jani Eayon

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:10 pm

I have to agree with this 100%. I like convenience, and going over there today was nothing but a hassle. Not as bad as before, but still a hassle.
Heather Kush

Post » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:18 am

Have the devs realised yet that the game has some pretty big memory leaks? I'd go and check beth.net myself but snowblindness is so last season. :P

Alex Vincent

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:59 pm

hmm... if I didn't know any better, I'd say that sounds just like a Bethesda game :P

nath

Post » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:59 am

Very true - but I think there may be more of them than usual in Skryim SE. I think it works in a similar way to that spot at Anvil docks in Oblivion, where the longer you stayed there the more memory got svcked up. I'm in the habit of taking short breaks between playing where I press escape and go off and stretch my legs for 15 minutes, nearly every time I get back to the game the screen has turned blank and there's an out of memory message. Yet weirdly I can play for quite long periods without a problem, until I pause the game for a time. Never had a Bethesda game behave in quite this way before.

sharon

Return to Othor Games