Tell me your must-have Oblivion mods!

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:18 pm

Hi guys!

I asked this over on the new forum as well, but it appears to be DOA, so I'm going to ask here too:

I finally got a PC capable of playing the copy of Oblivion I've had since 2010! I'm totally new to modding - well, actually, I attempted to mod OB in 2011 but I could barely run it vanilla on low, so I gave up. This time, I can dial it up to 11!

I'm looking for graphics, overhauls, sound, quests...pretty much anything. I'm going to be using Wrye Bash to manage my mods - have started playing with it a little and am currently running QTP, Alternative Beginnings, and Oblivion Reloaded, but I want more! Modding really is a huge rabbit hole and the selection is overwhelming.

So help me out, what are you must-have Oblivion mods? B)

Jack Walker

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:20 pm

Better Cities,

Unique Landscapes.

Check out /r/oblivion and /r/oblivionmods

Carolyne Bolt

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:05 pm

I find it best to just look at Nexus and other mod hosting sites and take a look at each one.

For me using mods is a personal thing sometimes it is dictated by the character I will be playing. Some times a mod just catches my eye and quite often those mods are not that popular.

I do not really have any must have mods. The closest is OBSE and Stutter Remover and that is more for having the game to run well.

Lizzie

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:05 pm

I really recommend the Oblivion stutter remover plugin.

For "normal" mods:
Quests
Integration The Stranded Light
The Lost Spires
The Hole
The kingdom of Shadows
Blade of the haunted
Knight of the nine Revelations
The hearth of the dead
Verona House Bloodlines
House Valranis
The Ayleid Steps
Kvatch Rebuilt (I may be a bit biased on this one)
The Forgotten Realm
Oblivion Uncut
Oblivion Content Restoration

World Addition:
Trails of Cyrodill

Gameplay:
Drop Lit Torches OBSE
Lock Bash Omega
Book Tracker OBSE
Walk to Oblivion OBSE

UI:
DarnUI
Protocolled Dialogs (Not on NexusMods. Search on google. I don't know if I can post the link as it was made for the "mod that cannot be named" and hosted on that site. The mod is purely legal however)

Stability, Fixes:
4GB patch
Unofficial Patches
Oblivion Stutter Remover
LandMagic (TO try to automatically fix land tears)
Tes4ll
FractionalMagicDamage

I use also Advance Health Regen for health restoration in a SKyrim like fashion.
Racheal Robertson

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:42 pm

There are a lot of threads on the subject here that you might find helpful if you look back through the archives. But my advice is don't be in too much of a hurry, don't install everything at once. It's great that you're using Wrye Bash, excellent start that. But from the start, be sure you have:

The Unofficial Oblivion patch (plus those for the DLCs you are running). I'm sure you do have this, though.

Oblivion Stutter Remover (and check the forum thread on this, you can get a lot from tweaking the settings).

...which needs OBSE, which you should have anyway, the later the version the better.

Utilities:

BOSS to sort out load order.

TES4Edit for cleaning mods and more

TES4Lodgen to sort out distant object LODs

TES4ll to do the same for landscape LOD.

...and because that's all a bit boring, I'll arbitrarily nominate one fun mod, which shall be [rolls icosahedral die] aaand...

Elsweyr Anequina. It's a whole province, it's fab and, most importantly, people are always asking where to find it as it's not on Nexus, but over here on TAL:

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/1070-elsweyr-anequina/

sally coker

Return to IV - Oblivion