The Forgotten Daedric Prince

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:56 pm

The Daedric Prince Jyggalag seems to have disappeared.

After the Shivering Isles DLC/Expansion for Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Jyggalag seems to be all but forgotten.

Despite the fact that he has been returned to full Daedric status, he is the only Daedric Prince not to appear in Skyrim. He isn't even mentioned in

"The Book of Daedra".

Sheogorath appears in the quest "In the Mind of Madness", and he references the events of Oblivion saying "You know, I was there for that whole sordid affair. Marvelous time! Butterflies, blood, a Fox, a severed head...". This references the butterflies you see when entering the Shivering Isles for the first time, as well as the "Blood of the Divine" needed to enter Mankor Camoran's paradise, the Fox being the Grey Fox and the Severed Head being the head of Mathieu Bellamont's mother.

Sheogorath even mentions the Hero of Kvatch being him by saying "Jolly good guess. But only half right. I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."

Yet Jyggalag is mysteriously absent. We know Bethesda didn't forget about him because he is mention in the book "Darkest Divinities" in Elder Scrolls Online.

Tell me your thoughts on what could have happened to Jyggalag.

Your Mum

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion