The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt Discussion - USE SPOILERS TAGS PLE

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:48 pm

So, I tried using the Forum search function and I got nothing, so either the search function isn't working or the original thread is deader than the dodo.

I'm creating this thread for a purpose however, and that is to list my thoughts on the game.

Bear in mind, that when things are great, there's nothing much to say. So, with that in mind, I have several complaints to make, some of which are ruining the game outright.

I'll start with my biggest gripe first, and the one I really need help with. I'm in Velen/Novigrad and the EXACT SAME MUSIC plays EVERYWHERE and it WILL NOT STOP even when I'm in combat! I've identified the track as "The Hunter's Path" and it appears to have glitched and overridden ALL other music in the entire province. Fast travelling to White Orchard or Vizima changes the music when in those other locations, but when I'm back in Velen, it's "The Hunter's Path" playing on loop again.

I only started the game on Monday and only reached Velen on Wednesday morning, but this is driving me INSANE! Most of all, it won't ever play combat music, and that's irritates the hell out of me. I was just walking down some road and caught a crossbow bolt to the face because I didn't know I was in combat (Manual sword drawing btw, not automatic). The only things that override it are the bands in Novigrad (which are identical to the Gwent music tracks) and one piece of land (the one you start on with The Hanged Man's Tree and Mulbrydale). Everywhere else, it's just "The Hunter's Path" and I'm really hoping it's just tied to some Quest I've accepted but not completed, so I can just clear it and fix this mess.

I've accepted a boatload of Quests though, and had no intention of doing any of them until I'd managed to kill a Leshen with my Level 2 equipment (on Blood and Broken Bones difficulty). I already killed a level 15 Bilge Hag, so I'm sure I could take that creepy Leshen, who totally didn't scare me, near Reardon Manor. Man, I want to kill him so bad for just materialising dead in front of me.

Anyone know any permanent fixes for this? I've never even heard the "Velen" track btw. I've spent the last 10 hours of my game time just looting everything from Novigrad. I'm pretty well stocked up, but I'm thinking I accepted a Quest (because it wasn't broken when I first got to Novigrad) and that's what's caused it. Then again, I did take a break to return to White Orchard and tie up some loose ends, so maybe I broke some game script by leaving when I was at a certain step for any one of the 30+ Quests I have?

And "The Hunter's Path" sounds better on Youtube than it does in my game. :/

Edit : If a Mod could remove the PLE from the Thread Title, that'd be great!

BethanyRhain

Post » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:23 am

It is likely best to post your question on the Witcher 3 forums or contact their support

tannis

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:11 pm

Yeah, no.

Spoilers aplenty, even in Google or Youtube searches. That said, I spent a good 90 minutes doing extensive Google searches and ended up visiting Reddit, Steam Community Forums, gog.com, GameFAQs and several other places. NO-ONE else seems to have had this issue (they probably have, but their posts aren't "relevant" according to Google, and so I get "Best Witcher 3 Music" lists and other irrelevant crap as the majority of results). Got to love the constant search results that are the "music glitch" from mid-June 2015 too. Really, super helpful.

I have no idea if they are still supporting/patching the game, or if the GOTY patch was the final version update. Either way, the 2 options for fixes I have are to either wait for a patch (if they're supporting it) or try to find a workaround (unlikely). Failing that, I'll have to tolerate a butchered experience.

So I came here for advice, where most people are mature and capable of providing useful information, whilst also showing enough self-restraint to not post a million spoilers just because they've already played the whole game and get off on ruining it for others.

Any other help would be appreciated.

Manuela Ribeiro Pereira

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:18 am

I do not not know if there are enough active players here and thought you would get more support there and faster as well.

I have played it a bit but on my Xbox One. I am not that much of a fan of the game or the series. I had quite a bit of issues with the game on the Xbox One such as not saving a game save. Corrupting all the game saves and way too many cut scenes for my tastes.

Hopefully one of them might be able to help you.

Stacyia

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:55 pm

I'm on Xbox One too. The issue has gotten worse now, the music plays even near/in Mulbrydale and even in Gwent.

You know, I'm really tired, I'm ill just in time for Christmas and now the one game I've been looking forward to has just decided to not work properly.

I also noticed that my Sun and Stars ability stopped working (yes, it was equipped), so I unequipped it, unpaused for 5 seconds, paused, reactivated it and unpaused to get it to work again.

I mean, obviously the game is pretty heavy to load, but I have the GOTY Edition and it's all installed directly to the internal HDD, so I can't do much better than that. I have to keep my external HDD plugged in, connected and powered on ALL THE TIME whilst I use my Xbox One though, and you can hear it really chugging sometimes, even though I'm not using it directly. I mean, I can have nothing running and be on the Home screen and the external HDD will start whirring and chugging away for no reason. I've been through months and months of Xbox Support Forum antics, trying to get those numbskulls to realise that my console runs like crap, but maybe that's because of the 100+ games I have installed on my 5TB External HDD? Then again, a few other people reported the same issues, but we were mostly ignored or placated with false promises of actual help.

It's been a real crap console tbh, and I'm utterly disappointed that even the most basic features seem like they're barely able to function.

I seriously think that there's a lot of "unspoken" knowledge to the background processing of the Xbox One that I, and many other users, NEED TO KNOW, but no-one seems to care enough to enlighten us. You can't even manually clear the cache like you could on the 360, or create backups of save files to secure your data (like you could on the 360).

With all of these other issues in the mix, it's REALLY DIFFICULT to ascertain exactly what could be causing any particular problem with any particular game. Furthermore, I'm no tech wizard, I don't have debug software or other testing programs and I'm not actually psychic! How am I supposed to fix this? I don't even know where to begin. And worst of all, if you really complain on the Xbox Forums, you get the classic "send it in for maintenance" line. You mean, the same maintenance that my console doesn't need because it's been running like crap since the September SOFTWARE UPDATE? You mean, make me pay for pointless maintenance on my console when it's your "update" that nearly bricked my console?

Yeah, great help, Microsoft.

And now I'm back to The Witcher 3. I've spent about 200 hours this year on support forums. Does anyone think that's normal or reasonable or acceptable? "Here I go again.", trying to get an ounce of sense out of some probably overly jobsworthy "We have to protect our company" support staffer. You know what? Tell the truth. Get fired from your job for telling people the truth. Be a whistleblower for how utterly broken things are, because it's necessary for SOMEONE to have a conscience about this!

The games industry is just a never-ending parade of daily faeces.

I haven't even mentioned the other things that annoy me about The Witcher 3 yet, but this glitch is my current nemesis. I'll wait until it's sorted before I carry on about those things.

Nicola

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:10 pm

I got the game when it first came out as well as the expansion packs. I think I have only put in about 30 hours or so in the game. But I had to start over quite a few times and whenever I get back in the game I start with a new character if I have not played the game for some time since I find the game is one where you have to play with the story and it does not work that well if you are missing in the story. Since 95% of the characters I have no idea who they are like Gennifer or that red head is.

I might see about starting up a new Geralt.

I do not know how many people here play Witcher 3 on Xbox One. I believe most play on the PC.

I believe we had an open Witcher thread but I think it was quite some time when the last time someone posted.

[edit]

The last Witcher thread was closed quite some time ago. Maybe this thread can be turned into it.

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1603744-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-discussion-22/

Maybe you can found some information in that thread.

Antonio Gigliotta

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:36 pm

You see, I went back and played The Witcher 2 multiple times, read up on the events of The Witcher 1 and read a small amount of backstory to the world and it's characters. I know who everyone is, I've believe I've figured out the majority of the major plot twists already and I'm hoping I'm right.

Very disappointed that Yennifer didn't have a Welsh accent like most other Aedirnians tbh, though perfect English is a nice alternative to generic American (Triss).

I've just filed a Support request on CD Projekt Red's site, but I doubt they'll get back in touch before 2017. :/

For the record, no multiplatform game should be eligible for awards, high ratings or extreme praise unless it works properly on ALL versions of that game. So many times I've purchased "critically acclaimed" titles only to find out that the praise was based off of "the PC version" and that the console version runs like a steaming turd. I'm not someone who cares for graphics, but basic things such as 30FPS, no game-breaking glitches and everything loading properly are surely very attainable things, right?

Anyway, for me, music is an integral part of the experience, and from what I've heard so far, The Witcher 3 has a great soundtrack. Such a shame that I can't hear it whilst I'm playing the game because of some ridiculous glitch.

quinnnn

Post » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:55 am

So, CD Projekt Red has responded to me. Their advice? Perform a Hard Reset (I always turn my console off and unplug it, so no help there), or, "failing that", DELETE my local save data and HOPE that it backed up properly to "the cloud", so I can retrieve it next time I start the game up.

I mean, is that really going to work/help at all? It seems to me that it's a shot in the dark, if anything, but I don't know if it's wise to risk it. :/

Edit : So, I checked the "No music" glitch threads and there's a lot of information to sift through. I'll try entering Novigrad Sewers (I mean, I honestly thought this was tied to the "Pyres of Novigrad" Quest as I'm at the part to find the King of Beggars, but I just left it and thought I'd come back later) and see if that fixes it. I believe that it is indeed playing the music because of a Quest phase, but the glitch only occurs if you log out/turn the game off and come back later.

Because of this, whatever I did to trigger the glitch, I must've done it on my third (?) day of playing, so it could really be anything I did in about 10 hours of game time.

I really hope this isn't due to the "Following the Thread" Quest though. I'm not keen on burning 1000 Crowns to get to Skellige, just so I can continue this Quest (Btw, that Ekimmara was a lot larger than the picture made it out to be).

Ezekiel Macallister

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:22 pm

A tedious segetion i will add is turn off music when your in velen then turn it back on when your in places it doesnt loop. Also do you remember when the music started looping? Where were you at? What were you doing?
Stu Clarke

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:08 pm

I tried turning the music on/off and it's too tedious and should be unnecessary. It also didn't fix the issue.

I have no idea what caused it as I mentioned in the edit I made (above your post) as you were posting.

I can only guess and use trial and error. It is confirmed that this music is supposed to trigger when doing some kind of "following the trail" type of Quest, but that could be said for the numerous monster Quests I have (most of them WAY above my level) or the "Pyres of Novigrad" or plenty of other things.

If I could find out the specific Quest, or Quest type, that triggers it, then I could try to focus my efforts there. The music track is "The Hunter's Path", but good luck finding any people who know all the triggers for each music track, and the names of each track.

laila hassan

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:38 pm

Well, I tried the Novigrad Sewers method and it appears to have worked. I left the sewers and the normal music returned. I then proceeded to run several tests.

I saved the game, quit out, turned the game off, turned my console off and then restarted everything and loaded it up. It still worked normally.

I then decided to fast travel to that Baron's place (Crow's something) and "The Hunter's Path" started playing again. Seeking further answers, I went looking for a fight to see if the combat music would trigger. I went far enough South for the music to change naturally. All's well and good there, but perhaps the area (where the default background music is "The Hunter's Path") might not work correctly, so I went back, still looking for a fight. There's no obvious monsters around there, but I managed to find some level 3 Bandits on the road, and sure enough, the combat music triggered and that was another test complete.

I then proceeded to fast travel to White Orchard and then fast travel back to Hierarch Square in Novigrad. The music still loaded and worked correctly.

I was thinking of testing fast travel to Vizima and back, but I'm happy enough that this appears to have (temporarily) resolved the issue. The magic sewers of Novigrad.

This appears to be the exact same "no music" glitch that has plagued The Witcher 3 since release and was supposed to have been fixed in the August/September GOTY Edition updates. It also appears that instead of fixing the root cause of the issue, the update merely "forces" some music to play, and that music plays over everything, ruining cutscenes and being a nuisance tbh.

I hope that my personal suffering with this glitch has yielded some useful advice for anyone else encountering this issue, and I hope we, or as many people as possible, are able to bring this matter to CD Projekt Red's attention, as a lone voice will be treated as an isolated incident.

I also hope that CD Projekt Red is able to learn from this and hopefully prevent it from occurring in future titles.

You know, I miss filling out these kinds glitch reports for Fallout. I'd be able to provide so much information about the extensive technical issues that game has, but the whole "moving the forums" stupidity has severely damaged my, and many others, ability to provide useful feedback for the team at Bethesda. Probably explains why Fallout 4 still has lots of issues on Xbox One and they will probably never be fixed. Man, that's depressing.

Anyway, I'll post about my other grievances with the game later. That glitch aside, it's been generally great (apart from the Relic loot being scaled down and levelled with me. < Major grievance there) and I'm looking forward to doing more exploring and risking death. The game is getting kinda easy already though. I wish I'd have started on Death March tbh, because I've been killing level 18 enemies with my level 2, 0% Durability Viper School Swords for a couple of days now. That poison proc is immensely useful, and as for armour, I'm not getting rid of my Warrior's Leather Armour until I find another thing to wear that has at least 15% Damage resistance from Monsters. I should really get rid of these baggy "Tracker's Trousers"(?) too, for the sake of fashion. You know, we used to have a different name for trousers like that round our way : ****catchers.

Nicole Mark

Post » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:31 am

Sadly your findings will be of no use to anyone Googling the problem, at least until these forums are scraqed for a copycat again, as these forums are set to not be indexed by Google's bots.
krystal sowten

Return to Othor Games