I Just Beat TESA: Redguard!

Post » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:58 pm

YEEEEESSSSS! At last I conquered it! As of roughly half an hour ago, TESA: Redguard is my 6th Elder Scrolls game beaten (I know, I know, do you really "beat" the mainline titles?). Maybe nobody else cares, but it sure feels good.

What a journey. I have to admit, there were many frustrating moments along this journey. The controls were clunky. The combat only really clicked for me approximately halfway through my playthrough (I'm not great at it, but I found a very viable strategy). Some of the puzzles were also really obtuse or frustrating. Admittedly, in a few cases I was impatient and looked up the answer, but a fair amount of them I was able to figure out myself. There were also some performance issues at some points, and a few bugs here and there (In a Bethesda game? No way!).

But by the Nine, there were some great points. I already knew the story, but to experience it myself was fantastic. The story did not disappoint, and the writing was incredibly well-done (phenomenal job, Michael Kirkbride and Kurt Kuhlmann). Cyrus, as is well-known, was nothing short of being a bad-[censored]. It felt so good to end Amiel Richton, Dram, N'Gasta, etc. Michael Mack did a great job with the voice-acting as always. There were some pretty quotable Cyrus one-liners, and his inspirational speech near the end got me so pumped. I also really liked Clavicus Vile's voice acting too. It was a great feeling to see all those names in the credits, and among them the likes of Kirkbride, Kuhlmann, Todd Howard, Gary Noonan, and Ken Rolston.

I'm not sure I could say it is a replayable game for me--maybe sometime down the road it will be--but I sure am glad I got to experience it.

Who else here has beaten TESA: Redguard? How was your experience?

Karen anwyn Green

Post » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:11 pm

I don't play male characters so I've never played this. I also don't like linear, story-based games. But I hear it has better writing than nearly all of the other games Bethesda has made. Glad you enjoyed it!

Monika Krzyzak

Post » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Hail to the victorious Raider!
Farrah Lee

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion