Control Keys

Post » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:07 am

While I'm waiting for Nexus to let me register and download various mods, I wonder what PC controls people prefer.

I've always, since the days of Doom, used the mouse to move the character. It is just so easy to hold down M1 and point the mouse where you want to go. I've noticed this now also works much better on horseback than it did in Oblivion where horse riding was more rodeo than dressage. I cannot even imagine using the four keys to move, but that seems the default. I use M2 to activate, so unless I'm fighting, my left hand is free to (offstage) eat and drink.

The only real problem so far is having to change setting to pick up (rather than read) books.

Am I misguided?

Symone Velez

Post » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:16 pm

I use the default movement setup but change the WASD assignments to the arrow keys (I'm left handed, so I kind of have to). I circle strafe around opponents while facing them if I can, and I'm always strafe running down the middle of a road while looking left and right. That's hard to do if movement and mouselook aren't separate controls.

Kelly Upshall

Post » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:46 pm

I do the same, and I'm NOT left-handed. It's much more intuitive for me that way - and while some people might wince at the "cross-handedness" I'm pretty ambidextrous so it works fine. I sit at a strange angle because of my setup (and needing to keep my feet up) so cross-handedness is actually fine for me.

I remap space for activate, and a few other letter-keys for intuitive things personally: J for jump, L for quest log, that sort of thing.

Emma louise Wendelk

Return to V - Skyrim