What is bad writing

Post » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:27 pm

I would tend to agree, I have not touched any of the DLC yet and am still about, I presume, half way through the main quest on Skyrim. I was reading this as It looked like an interesting subject and did not expect to have the Dragonborn DLC ruined.

Necrodarkness

Elisha KIng

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:12 am

I think "just for the hell of it" implausible. I think "just drop it; we don't need it" plausible. I think "just drop it; we don't want it" equally plausible. The head of a successful publishing company compelling the head of a successful development studio to compromise his work with "Ooo, pretty number; give me game now," however, defies reality. It is the stuff of fairytales and cartoons.

Kayla Keizer

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 am

I think the complaint about how the Civil War questline was "written" is often a contradictory one.

Right now, on vanilla skyrim, the Civil War can be pretty sweet. It won′t be if you exclusively power through it. But if you power through things, only doing strictly whatever your quest told you to in order follow to the next stage, that′s your own fault. Nothing forces you to do that. The game is filled with Forts, Camps, roaming soldiers, cities with supporters of both sides. You can be creative and turn the quest into three times its size simply by doing things you chose to do without anyone telling you to, because you′re roleplaying a character who makes real decisions.

Now, if the quest were three time its size in things you have to do to finish it, wouldn′t that bother those who "don′t like to play action games"? I find it contradicting because these are usually the people who say the quest is badly written.

Karine laverre

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:00 am

While I agree with you about the spoilers, I'd caution you not to assume that your experience of the Dragonborn DLC will be ruined by the brief synopsis given above. The "devil is in the details" with this DLC, and the epicness of this particular quest is not its rather simple plot, but the actual world in which it occurs, and the events that occur along the way.

I've played through this DLC several times, and still I consider it fresh and enjoyable. It is one of the best DLCs that Bethesda has done, and I consider it very well written.

ijohnnny

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim