Creating a Companion Mod -- Want Help With Choosing Who!

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:45 pm

Companions

PikachunoTM

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted on here, but I wanted to get some help with.

So, I've been working on a large-scale mod (An Addendum to Tamrielic Lore, if anyone remembers it :P ), and have come to the point where I would like to create one of the many companions the player will be able to work with. Each companion will be significantly more fleshed out than the average NPC, and will have their own unique moral compass/code, personality, potential activities, and level of PC influence in their time with the Nerevarine. All of these will companions will be made for ATL, however, I was hoping to create at least one standalone companion mod to use essentially as the base template for scripting. Each companion will have unique encounters, some have new locations, and one even has a unique upgrading and naming system (naming system will be an optional addon, and require MWSE)!

Please note, any reference to the Cult of Lorkhan will be explained where necessary with in game encounters, books, and/or dialogue.

Here are five of the companions whose stories I have already partly written up/fleshed out:

Please tell me what you guys think/anything else. I know there's not as much activity here anymore, but anything is appreciated. Personally, I'm into char development, but not really into romance stuff, so it's unlikely I'll be doing any Dwemer Spider romance (sorry Nebrewiel). I have more companions with backstories written, but these are the ones who I have the best ideas about right now.

Thanks!

~P.K.

Bitter End

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:07 pm

Also forgot to mention, companion mods are "meh" at best, so whatever mod this is, it'll probably be companion focused, but there'll be enough other stuff (special encounters, new locations) and options to not require the player to use the new companion.

For example, the player can have Scrappy hack into a dwemer console, or attempt to hack it themselves to continue through a new area.

Ezekiel Macallister

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:36 pm

I cast my vote for the orc. As much as I play and like being a nativist Dunmer in game, I feel like the game has never done enough with orcs, and could definitely use an NPC that could give some insight into orc personality and culture, beyond the stereotypical "I smash things and move big stuff!" The dwemer spider companion would get my second vote, but there are already many mods out there that add or beef up existing dwemer animunculi companions.

One other suggestion I have, however, that's not on the list, is a dunmer mercenary companion who joins the PC but is secretly a sleeper agent for the Sixth House. The companion would turn on the PC during either the Sixth House Base or Kogoruhn parts of the main quest (haven't decided which), unless the player completed the companion's personal quest beforehand.

Davorah Katz

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:16 pm

I like scrappy because it's a new mesh (based off of the ESO dwemer spider), and has a lot of unique systems I wanna work on.

I definitely agree that the Orismer haven't gotten enough love from TES, and hopefully Morak will help that. He's got a super-interesting backstory (head of a major clan, cast out for some pact he made), and essentially held in confinement for many years. In the end, the player'll hopefully be able to either play "prodigal son" with Morak (and Morak returns to Orsinium), or maybe convince Morak to leave it. I have other thoughts, too ;)

Also, love that idea for the 6th house dunmer sleeper. Perhaps maybe the player could also convince them that they're Nerevarine, and to join them as well...? Good idea, all around!

Mandy Muir

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:37 pm

I think Scrappy sounds like a fun companion, though all the companions sound interesting. My vote goes to Scrappy.

Stephanie I

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:18 pm

Sweet :3 If I make Scrappy, then hopefully you'll enjoy it ;)

Louise Andrew

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Also, I'd consider making a link to this thread on the Morrowind reddit, if you haven't already, for further votes, as that seems to be another channel for mod discussion nowadays)

Mashystar

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:34 pm

I don't do reddit (I have an account, but I never use it). :( Would you be willing to do so for me?

Elizabeth Davis

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:33 pm

Done! https://redd.it/5qc04m

Pants

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:18 pm

Sweet! Thanks, Jasons!

lauren cleaves

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:46 pm

I am absolutely interested in an orc companion

Spoiler
to be my boyfriend :wub:

Sixth House agent companion sounds like a pretty great idea.

Kirsty Collins

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:00 pm

Well... romance isn't really my specialty XD

No promises, but I'll see what I can do.

Steve Smith

Return to III - Morrowind