how do I view a plugin's changes in construction set?

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:25 pm

I can't figure out how to view the Morrowind world while using mods while in construction set.

Example:

True Lights and Darkness mod modifies the radius of lights. I want to view this in Construction set. It is a plugin.

Is there a way to do this? I click to check Morrowind.esm the master file, then I try also having the plugin mod checked as well, but it states, there is no set Active File.

If I click yes to contineu, it sends me thousands of dialogue conflicts.

x a million...

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:01 am

Open CS / Open plugin loading window / select plugin (no necesary to mark it) / click "details" button below. (this will show a scroll list with every reference (object, cell, GMST, dialogue, etc...) altered by the plugin.

On top of that every item wich displays a " * " when loading a plugin as "active" (button "set as active" right next to details (mentioned before)) is a modified item by that plugin

NOTE: hope this is clear enough since this is not my language.

Charlie Sarson

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Bloog explained how to view what a plugin changes. Now, to load a plugin so that the changes are marked, you need to make it the "active" plugin, which means you can edit it (if you only load the plugin normally without making it the active plugin, all changes you make would be saved in a new plugin, if you did any and attempted to save those, of course.

To make a plugin active, select it and click "Set as Active File". The Status of that plugin will now say "Active File". You can only have one plugin active, but still load more than one at a time.

These are normal, they appear every time you load the Bloodmoon master file, I believe. If you add the line "allowyestoall=1" to the Morrowind.ini ([General] section), you can skip all beyond the first message by clicking "Cancel" (You will also get a "Yes to all" button for ingame messages).

Rudy Paint fingers

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Ok that helps a lot!

To clarify though:

So, if I wanted to edit for example Addamasartus, as it would be if using as modified by the True Lights and Darkness plugin, I would set the True Lights and Darkness plugin as an Active file, and click go? Would I have to have MOrrowind.esm checked at the same time?

(the readme for that plugin states torches has a radius of 500. When I loaded up just Morrowind.esm it had 250 or so radius. I want to verify that the plugin changes it to 500 radius, when I load the Addamasartus cell)

EDIT:

NEVERMIND! I did as you guys said and I see everything perfectly!

Reanan-Marie Olsen

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:23 pm

All required master files need to be loaded, but if you don't check them yourself, the CS loads them automatically. So yes, it is enough to set the plugin as active and click ok.

Susan

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:20 pm

ok its all working!

just one minor question if you happen to know...

when I watched the Dark Elf Guy do a tutorial about building a house in contruction set, he pushed a button to change the lighting, like toggling something on and off. I know that the L keys shows radius of light, but I don't know how to toggle to see better how the light actually looks on and off, or to make it easier to see

Nick Pryce

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:38 am

Click the lightbulb button or press A.

Steven Hardman

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:50 pm

It should be noted that the CS will only automatically load 3 or 4 esps.

If more esps are required, and they are not manually selected, the CS won't load your esm.

Danel

Return to III - Morrowind