Help With Glitch On Lost To The Ages Please

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:53 am

Playing Legendary Edition on the Xbox 360

Have encountered the glitch with the door not unlocking on the tonal lock puzzle and have tried everything that I could find on possible fixes and was hoping someone here could suggest something.

To recap.

Tonal puzzle order - Bottom left, Bottom right, Top left, Top right, Bottom center. Worked this out from the journal and the scrap of paper but have checked on the Wiki, it is correct.

I have tried the following to rectify it (from the Wiki)

• 360 PS3 Activating the tonal locks in Arkngtharnz in the proper order does not seem to work and all gates remain locked. After loading earlier saved games, second and third attempts also failed. Gates remain closed and cannot be interacted with.
    • PS3(Fix) This bug was encountered on the PS3 version and can be fixed by purposely failing the Tonal puzzle multiple times, killing everything, and then solving the puzzle the correct way. Another way to solve it may be to quit the game and reload a save at or prior to arriving at the locks, especially if each lock does not emit the gong sound when triggered.

I have tried to hit them in the wrong order, nothing happens, none of the traps activate.

• 360 PS3 After solving the tonal lock puzzle the doors will not open, and it will be impossible to progress further into the ruins.
    • Possible fix: Load a saved game before doing the tonal lock puzzle. Drop copies of The Aetherium Wars carried. Pick each back up reading each in turn. Solve Tonal Lock.

• Possible fix: A possible fix to this bug may be to restart the system and reload a save before the Tonal Lock was solved. Then proceed to use the Zephyr Bow located earlier in the quest along with Dwarven arrows found scattered across the ground to shoot at the Kinetic Resonators.http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Wiki:CITE

• Possible fix: Restart system and reload a save from before any of the Kinetic Resonators are struck, drop The Aetherium Wars, and pick it back up. Wait 24 in-game hours. Solve Tonal Lock.

I have two saves previous to starting the tonal puzzle, one at the broken tree with Katria's bow and one in front of the tonal puzzle before attempting the puzzle, I have tried both saves and all the possible fixes above with no success.

Help!

Necrodarkness

Kayla Oatney

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:14 pm

You're basically SoL at this point.

I'd suggest you drop the quest for the moment and reload from a save before you entered the ruins (if possible), and do a few other quests before coming back. I'm not sure this will work, but the hope is that the specific combination of quests you've done at this point is somehow preventing the scripts on the tonal locks to fire properly. Coming back later after doing more might fix it, but this is more or less a shot-in-the-dark guess that I have no real expectations of working.

Your only other options would basically be to restart the game entirely and hope for better luck next time, or just continue and not be able to complete the quest.
Mason Nevitt

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:30 am

Try dropping Zephyr back on the tree where you found it, and then go see if the puzzle will work.

FABIAN RUIZ

Return to V - Skyrim