Legendary difficulty: Not designed for low level players...

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:30 am

Oh...I can assure you that even with great armour and weapons (mace 450), there are still plenty of enemies that can ruin your day.....shock mages...Falmer Warmongers....vampires....Elder Dragons and above.....

In fact.....the relatively easy kills of like bandit plunderers and draugr scourges simply lull you into a false sense of security. Also remember...the game at high levels sends a greater number of foes at you and if you get cornered your health can go down in alarming chunks very quickly. If you are playing DiD it raises the heart rate plenty I can tell you....
Romy Welsch

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:53 pm

I would love to see you guys live stream :thumbsup:

herrade

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:15 pm

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/695/? it's not exactly the same... but

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5982/?.. look under the compatibility.. for some suggestions

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5404/? may like, may not....

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4145/?... it's a very good mod SLE, so probably SSE as well..

If you look.. their are more "difficulty" mods... not always the same thing, but... some needed SKSE and SkyUi...

Assumptah George

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:56 pm

My problem with those is they both add many new types of dragons.

Being the boring Vanilla lover that I am, they're not an option for me. I think Deadly Dragons does this too, but it has a "Loremonger" version.

edit: On PC, there's a guy who did something similar as I did called Sturdy Dragons. Except I added more dmg boosts for the dragons.

Mr. Allen

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:24 pm

then wait you must.. cause.. it is what it is... One of the "perks" of D.D. is the MCM menu so you can ramp up the Dragon's damage or make NPC's Immortal or have double and triple dragon attacks.. but you need the MCM menu for that..

Russell Davies

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:11 pm

Oh, you were suggesting to the other guy. I don't mean to dismiss you. My opinion is irrelevant. I was just offering my 2c. I made my own little mod, which I'm happy enough with *I think. I'm afraid of dragons for now :P *

Bird

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:16 am

Everyone's opinion is relevant... it's what makes us all unique..

I don't play SSE cause.. it doesn't have the Mod's I "can't live without"... I'll change when it does.

Angel Torres

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:32 pm

Well thanks. Like I said, it's just my 2c. It's funny there aren't more dragon combat mods in general though.

As for SE, it's got just about everything I'd want (except Lighting on XOne). I hope it picks up. Not sure it will. On Xbox One, it seems they're starting to scraqe the bottom of the barrel now. Often when I check on recent releases, it's more waifu in skimpy outfit mods. AND THEY'RE ALL HIGHLY RATED. :D

NO suckers In Here

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:34 pm

I don't DO the skimpy armor.. I wouldn't wear it I won't make my gal's wear it either. sixy is one thing... hmmpf... everyone is different and the game doesn't have to match reality. Immersive armors and zzjays are the 1st two armor mod's I downloaded.. but my very 1st mod ( other than the unofficial patches ..before USLEEP came out).. Dog's of Skyrim.. Convenient Horses.. these are my " I don't play without" mods.. well two of them. Racemenu... Good lord I worked for 2 hr's trying to get my 1st SSE character to look 1/2 decent.. the only thing she had on my 360 characters.... better skin, eyes and hair..

The main problem with me switching is the 484 mods that I have.. not all at once of course, some are incompatible... and my limited Data... It would take me another year and a half to get all those mods.. IF they are ported... some aren't even on Nexus any longer...

Johnny

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:02 pm

Yeah, no way to replace Race Menu. I just use vanilla sliders personally, so I'm cool. I like that I could save even Vanilla sliders in Race Menu, but I've also got them written down.

Emily abigail Villarreal

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:10 am

Of course, Legendary difficulty is not for everyone and that's perfectly fine. Everyone has a different play style.

If you play a mage, you'll relay more and more on your summons. Conjuration was the first skill to reach 100 on my pure mage.

Steven Nicholson

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:06 pm

I remember hearing that long ago. That svcks, because it forces a mage into a specific role. Not all conceptions of wizards are pet users.

Charlotte X

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:13 pm

hmm see the way I play.. I'd go nut's trying to figure it out without Racmenu... This is http://i.imgur.com/bmO4Vib.jpg who will be my next DiD competition character... I'm testing a few "new to me mods" mostly seeing if they are completely compatible with my old ones... but when the competition starts, those mod's will not be in the load order... so I need a completely new Save file.. easier to just save the "pre-sets" and start a "new" file completely. ( BTW.. I will also be changing a few things that I don't like her eye-brows.. they didn't look as bushy in C.C.)

I will not be doing the competition on Legendary difficulty, but their will be a bonus time for using the tougher difficulties...

Tarka

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:54 pm

Legendary difficulty is indeed hard in the beginning, but by the time your character has fully min maxed gear (no exploits, like the crafting exploits) and is fully perked (80 perks, no legendary skills, perks re-assigned using Dragonborn expansion), everything becomes very easy.

I like legendary difficulty and don't play on anything else, but it certainly isn't the best way to increase difficulty, that's for sure.

SamanthaLove

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:15 pm

I'd agree with that. Legendary difficulty as a damage modifier is a poor substitute for ramped AI, better npc detection and smarter tactical responses, but its what we have at the vanilla benchmark.

It does indeed get easier after like 30-40 levels, but for a DiD char, getting to those levels is the tough bit, normally resulting in an early death before the easier time starts.

With all the maxed gear....regular bandit encounters, bears, sabbycats, draugr upto Scourge are no biggie making 90% of random encounters very easy. However, tomb delving will soon get you to Deathlords (and worse) with ebony battleaxes etc.

Bandit marauders are no problem...unless.....they are rapid firing shock mages....OP with thunderbolt so even at the 85% magic resist cap you take fatal hits in seconds. Falmer Warmongers...often in teams...are pretty deadly too....you need huge sneak and silence to creep past these guys.....thankfully they can be paralysed...unlike....Vampires! The undead are a really dangerous pain....powerful shock and that life drain to keep them fighting fit at your expense...Alteration does have a paralyse spell that works on them, but only for five seconds which is not enough if you are getting surrounded! Chaurus hunters....awful things...can't be paralysed by poison....persistent beyond belief and very deadly poison...Dragons, well, getting caught in the open by a Revered Dragon with that drain vitality shout is a ten second death sentence.

Well that's just a few of the enemies that will kill even a level forty legendary player char. Of course, if you don't do silly nerfs...like refusing to take healing potions or use healing spells then its is much easier....but once you get into the challenge of not doing a quick healing up during combat...well its a hard habit to break. To me now, taking a healing potion feels like cheating...crazy I know, but that is how me and the Contessa roll. :)
jessica robson

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:04 pm

Enemies scale with leveling as well but with my 9000 health enchanted armor and weapons that do 500 base damage, not to difficult. Heck, I can wipe out every guard in each hold no problem. The unkillable NPCs that attack me piss me off the most however.

Khamaji Taylor

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim