Import animationsskeleton into custom mesh?

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:42 am

Hey folks! I've been looking around for a good place to ask for advice on Morrowind modding, and it seems like this place is still pretty active, which I'm glad to see. :)

I've been working on a new modding project and I had an idea but I'm not sure where to look for guides or advice on how to actually do this. Basically, all I want to do is to take a custom model that I have and just give it an existing creature's animations - I don't want to create new animations if I can just use the existing ones in-game. I guess I'm just wondering where I would even start here? I'm assuming I have to somehow rig a skeleton in the mesh that I want to use, but is there a way to just import the animation/skeleton into my custom mesh, or would I have to rebuild the skeleton from scratch? Would that be something I do in Nifskope, or Blender? I've looked around for guides or info on this, but haven't really been able to find anything, and this game is pretty old so a lot of resources are just broken links now. (I am not very experienced in 3d modeling!! Morrowind modding has been my first and only foray into anything like this.)

Any help would be very appreciated! :D

dean Cutler

Return to III - Morrowind