How many of you hope Bethesda is working on a Pirate game?

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:55 pm

I know how it is with Microsoft and Bethesda, generally speaking, but no, Sea of Thieves is a multiplayer game. I don't think that game effects what Bethesda is going to work on. Bethesda has two big projects as big or bigger then Fallout 4 and Skyrim, we know this, its been confirmed. We also know we will hear about these games most likely before TES6.

So TES is a fantasy setting, and Skyrim wasn't a seamless game, by any means. Fallout 4, not a seamless game. Just about every interior in Fallout 4 has a load screen. In Skyrim this definitely true. Todd Howard said it will make sense when we see these next two projects in the works in regards to TES6. He said they don't have the technology right now for TES6. Whether that is the case or not, I don't know.

However I think that at least one of these next two big projects they are working on are running on entirely from the ground up engines. Are totally seamless games, no loading after you load into the game. Are open world, and I would be very surprised if one of these projects is not a straight 1700's+ Pirate themed game. Its a wild guess, and a hopeful one.

My logic behind my wild guess, is that we have Fallout (wasteland), we have TES (fantasy rpg), and then we have these games like Doom, Dishonored, etc. Its confirmed the games are as big or bigger of projects as Fallout 4 and Skyrim, so you haft to think what would you do as Bethesda if you haft to make a game with the production value of Fallout 4 and Skyrim. With kind of the mindset that these games are kind of benchmarks or stepping stones to TES6.

I think its without question a brand new engine, that Bethesda has never used before. It will be this generation we will see it, and could very very possibly be announced this year. I think that game could very well be a Pirate open world game of some kind, maybe with added fantasy elements in it.

I am very positive it will not be a linear game like Dishonored, these are two huge projects. One of the games could very well be a sci fi game as well. However I am hoping, and would not be surprised if they are in fact working on a Open World Action Adventure Single Player Pirate game, of some kind.

Bek Rideout

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:43 am

I would dig a new open world Pirate RPG. I would prefer it to have unique spin on it (space pirates, steampunk), but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be happy with a game set during the 1700's.
Rozlyn Robinson

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:32 pm

Steam punk space pirates who time travel back to the 1700's?
Mélida Brunet

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:57 pm

Now let's not be ridiculous. Obviously they'd need to be aliens too! :P
Liii BLATES

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Treasure Planet the game? :disguise:

chirsty aggas

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:11 pm

There could be some humans too, but yes aliens would be a requirement. I can only imagine the reactions from Brittish and Spaniard naval officers as a flying steam ship descends upon them and aliens of varying descriptions begin to leap on to their decks.
Vincent Joe

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Wasn't my intention..... But yes :D
Chad Holloway

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:14 pm

I'd play that game! Lol
MatthewJontully

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:04 am

Only to find out it was all a minigame inside a fallout game...

Amie Mccubbing

Return to Othor Games