Magic Effect Descriptions

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi all, so I'm trying to create a few new enchantments as part of my mod, but I've ran into a bit of trouble. I'm trying to create enchantments that affect the speed of attacks - one that affects bows and another that affects weapon swing speed. I can made the enchantments using the "WeaponSpeedMult" item and setting it to only apply when using a "WeapTypeBow" or whatever, and it seems to work except for one thing. When creating the enchantment the magnitude needs to be given as a decimal, such as 1.25 for 25% faster, due to it being a multiplier. Therefore when I put in the description: "Draw your bow % faster", it doesnt work, because mag isnt the actual percent, rather its a decimal. In-game it rounds anyway down to 1 so the information is useless, its not like I can even put it as "Draw your bow times faster.". Basically what I'm asking is if theres a way to change this so you can maybe do a calculation in the description, such as (mag - 1) * 100, to get it to a percentage? Or is there any way I can do this differently or something in order to get it to read off as a percentage.

Thanks in advance

NAkeshIa BENNETT

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:13 pm

bump anyone?

Shannon Lockwood

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Assuming I am understanding you correctly, why not just input : "Draw your Bow <25> percent faster"?

MAG literally returns the Magnitude of the Ability (rounded), rather than a descriptive value. Meanwhile, anything inside of a < > will appear in Bold, allowing you to make it appear as the magnitude from a player-perspective.

gandalf

Return to V - Skyrim